New 9s Shirt and World 1st Sponsor

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thats a pretty nice jersey, atleast from that one image available. In fact I think it is far better than any regular jerseys that we have had in a long time. Not sure why the twitter thing is a "world first" though? Other teams have put twitter names on their jerseys instead of sponsors before. And is it fair to assume that our new major sponsor is a gambling or alcohol company (which is obviously banned in NZ) or have I missed the boat and our new sponsor is actually twitter...
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's a pretty sharp jersey - BLK have done well here. Interesting to see black on it - perhaps a nod to New Zealand for hosting the tournament.

Not too keen on the Twitter username on the front. Do we really still not have a major partner or is this just a one-off? Also, it looks like we must have secured the name @storm. That's pretty cool, I suppose.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Read that the retail version will not have the twitter handle. Awesome!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great looking jersey, best in years. Change the black to the navy blue and it's a winner. Interesting idea with the twitter handle on the front, annoyed that we have no idea who our major sponsor is. Also looks like the new owner are trying to globalize the Storm brand @storm is the first step.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nice jersey but seriously a Twitter handle?
We could have gone with a Charity and the Twitter handle below it.
A bit of a let down, I thought Major Sponsor would have been announced but I guess they are still in negotiations.
I hope the new jersey will be available by the time the family day/ Canberra trial rolls around

Just read on twitter that the major sponsor will be showcased before Round 1, seriously?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really like the Storm 9s Jersey.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As BrisbaneStorm mentioned, the Twitter box will not be on the retail version. Looks like a much nicer jersey :-D
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/craig- ... 6816070470

So apparently Bellamy is heading to Auckland and not sending an assistant as previously reported.

Based on Ponissi's comments to the media though, the focus has been on the trial against Canberra, with 9s planning to take place from next week. Probably just a general, off-hand comment and I am likely reading too much into it, but it does feel like the 9s is of no real focus for the Storm.

Maybe they are just waiting to see what line-ups other teams name so they can select the most appropriate line-up.

The short, sharp games should be entertaining at the very least. The Warriors will likely go in as favourites with a number of players in their line-up seemingly suited to a reduced man game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

is our major sponsor still crown maybe? that would explain the absense on the jerset due to the anti gambling laws in nz
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:is our major sponsor still crown maybe? that would explain the absense on the jerset due to the anti gambling laws in nz
No, Crown are shorts sponsor now. If it were still Crown, it would have been announced already - the club likely wouldn't need to go through a long negotiation process. Hopefully this week we'll hear something because it was supposed to be finalised prior to the trials.

Also, I received my Nines jersey today - very nice in person. The material is different - feels a bit like that stretchy wetsuit material. The new template and collar are very nice and the trim on the edge of the sleeve openings and hemline are nice touches. Good job, BLK.

Strange that it doesn't have Tigerair on the back. I know they need quite a bit of lead time for retail jerseys but Tigerair has been confirmed for quite some time now. Hopefully the regular home and away jerseys are fully up to date.

If in the future we decided to wear a navy version of this jersey I think I'd be very happy with that. It looks good.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:If in the future we decided to wear a navy version of this jersey I think I'd be very happy with that. It looks good.
Yes! Agreed. Hopefully the powers at be make it happen. The design is so simple but brilliant.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
absentee wrote:If in the future we decided to wear a navy version of this jersey I think I'd be very happy with that. It looks good.
Yes! Agreed. Hopefully the powers at be make it happen. The design is so simple but brilliant.
My only changes (not counting a change from black to navy and silver to white) would be to bump the lightning bolt to the left slightly so there's a bit more balance, change the black side panel on the right to purple and match the stitching so it doesn't contrast. Perfect.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:is our major sponsor still crown maybe? that would explain the absense on the jerset due to the anti gambling laws in nz
Also, I received my Nines jersey today - very nice in person. The material is different - feels a bit like that stretchy wetsuit material. The new template and collar are very nice and the trim on the edge of the sleeve openings and hemline are nice touches. Good job, BLK.
Are they slim fit or is the fit still the same?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm wrote:
absentee wrote:
Are they slim fit or is the fit still the same?
Depends on what you're comparing it to. I'd say it's probably the same as a 2013 regular retail home or away jersey but I'd recommend a size up if you're comparing it to a 2012 retail jersey. One offs and special edition jerseys fit differently so base it on home and away jerseys only.

It might be a good idea to head down to a Rebel store and try on a Melbourne Rebels or Queensland Reds jersey since the sizing will be the same.