Slater Victim of Assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crooner wrote:Am I the only one that thought Billys reaction was a little Excessive?
There might have been more in the lead up but he basicly piushes Billy (granted in the face) with an open hand.
I think Billy is lucky to get away with this one
That was my thought when I saw the snippet of cctv footage last night. I'm a bit surprised based on that footage that police advice to Billy was that he was within his rights to press charges. The bloke waited til he turned away, but I wouldn't say he king hit him, it appeared to more be a push to the head - weak shot waiting until he turned away but in the words of the great Ron Burgandy... that escalated really fast!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater reacted like any other person would do in his situation. Really was a nothing event and I'm happy with nothing coming from it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy was obviously trying to diffuse the situation. A situation that this English knob had no right to be aggressive about in the first place.

If you strike someone, particularly in the head, that person is allowed to defend themselves. Billy didn't go on with it and even afterwards was trying to calm the situation as this guy thrusted his finger in Billy's face.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw the CCTV footage on LeagueHQ which shows billy's punch and that was beautiful!

There is no plausible way to see that as 'diffusing' but billy is throwing bombs! I am glad someone has some mongrel in our team, but also probably not the best for PR

And with all due respect to him and his wife, I hope she thinks twice before blasting someone via social media. She had all the right intentions but the guy Billy punched seemed in far worse condition and could also have a family etc... those in glass houses...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:Just saw the CCTV footage on LeagueHQ which shows billy's punch and that was beautiful!

There is no plausible way to see that as 'diffusing' but billy is throwing bombs! I am glad someone has some mongrel in our team, but also probably not the best for PR

And with all due respect to him and his wife, I hope she thinks twice before blasting someone via social media. She had all the right intentions but the guy Billy punched seemed in far worse condition and could also have a family etc... those in glass houses...

he should have thought about his family before starting a fight, he got what he deserved! you hit a fit strong sportsman in the face you should expect something a lot harder back!

billy didnt go on with it after the punch so it was self defense, if he kept swinging at him then its assault. reading other forums i think he has actually got more respect from other clubs fans because of this.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If being a victim is having someones face hit your fist then Billy is in fact a victim
Do they still perform capital punishment in England?

Just stirring up some shit in this here off season but that was a sucker punch lol,soap dodger
probably deserved it
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Just stirring up some shit in this here off season but that was a sucker punch lol,soap dodger probably deserved it
I know your first line was stirring sh*t but if you actually believe Billy's shot was a "sucker punch", you are moronic. How can somebody strike another person in the head and then be caught by surprise when that person defends themself?

The Pom was the one who sucker punched Slater. Waited for him to turn away before having a limp-wristed shot... Ahhhh swinging at a bloke not looking. Brett Stewart would be so proud :)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

C'mon yourhero, Brett was only sticking up for his brother.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wonder if he'll throw a speculator to Foran this time around to lose the cup
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:C'mon yourhero, Brett was only sticking up for his brother.
As is always the case, how offensive someones actions are, is dependent on who he is/what team he plays for/what State he plays for.

If this was a Manly player, do you get the same reaction on the Silvertails forum you think? Rhetorical question obviously.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater being responsible for "losing the Cup in 08" is as logical as saying he won us the 2009 Four Nations single handedly. Matter of fact, there is far more evidence for the latter.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is funny how people forget that Billy was player of the tournament in that RLWC and also funny that they only remember that one pass.

People also forget that Lockyer "did a Mundine" and dropped the RLWC in the first half. Over the line under virtually no pressure and dropped the ball like a hot spud. If Lockyer scores the final was all but over before half time.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd react the same way. ... and would expect the same if I was foolish enough to start that kind of crap too
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:Just saw the CCTV footage on LeagueHQ which shows billy's punch and that was beautiful!

Bill clearly help his hands up as if to say "It's all good mate, no problem here" which is hard to call it nothing but him trying to diffuse the situation. As yourhero said, if the bloke doesn't start it then nothing at all would've happened and Bill just did what the vast majority of blokes would've in that situation so i certainly won't be condemning him for that. It'd make me a massive hypocrite if i did so but in saying that i don't think he has any reason at all to be condemned anyway.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am sick of people blaming Billy for losing the last world cup and these are the reasons why..... Billy try assists led to Australia`s first 2 trys
1...line break then pass to lockyer for Oz first try.
2... line break then pass to wolfman for Oz 2nd try
3....monahan`s penalty try..8 points
4...lockyer dropping ball over the line for no try.

Can Billy help it that when he threw that wayward pass that he had NO back up from any of his Australian team mates.

It conveniently never gets mentioned about monahan and lockyer blunders and it bugs me. the worst thing about monahan`s was that there was no need for him to do what he did as BILLY WAS THERE TO CLEAN UP THE BALL