Dally M - may contain spoilers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations Cooper.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations also to Cam who won hooker, captain and rep player of the year.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Onya Coops!!!! And onya Smithy!!!!

Dally M - Coops
HB - Coops
Hooker - Smithy
Captain - Smithy
Rep poty - Smithy

They should just make Smithy an immortal now
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOOHOO GOOD ON YOU COOPS. WELL DESERVED WINNER.
CONGRATULATIONS CAMMY ON ALL YOUR AWARDS.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Was halfway through posting this when my browser crashed (i think it happens every time I try to post at the same time someone else is...android device only though)

Congrats to Cooper, didn't see him hanging on to be honest.....it's also criminal that we don't get to see the best players in this years gf - bring on next year, the boys have some unfinished business they need to take care of!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Boom. Fantastic news.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great win by Coops and a bagful for Cam as well. Was also good to see Cam poll well, but the NRL do need to take notes from the AFL on how to run an awards night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just rename the hooker award the Cam Smith trophy! It's the 5th time he's won it.

Also, the 4th time Cooper's been halfback.

Was also happy to see Billy nominated for fullback, Bellamy for coach and Tohu Harris for rookie (particularly deserved).

Disappointed with the Sydney-centric nature of the try of the year award, thought Mahe's put back to Will vs Canberra at least deserved a nomination!

But most of all, congratulations to our BIG 3 DALLY M MEDALLISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just a side note, not that it would surprise anyone here; storm were the only team to have 2 players in the top 10 (both in the top 5*) I think it makes winning the Dally M that much more impressive.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Especially when you consider the similar story when Billy won 2 years ago where both Cam and Coops were in the top 10 with him. Making a habit of it I guess.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Congratulations Cooper. Thoroughly deserved and I personally, could not be any happier for him.

That completes it folks. The Big Three have all now individually claimed the Dally M Medal.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Am so happy he won. He is such a wonderful role model and example of an individual who not only has made the most of his talent but worked hard to overcome his shortcomings and worked hard to get the most out of himself. Had tears when he won, just nice to see someone get the rewards they deserve.
Not to mention Cameron Smith who is a credit to the game and richly deserved everything he got tonight. (Clealy that Captain of the year was making up for the horrible decision to overlook him last year, I mean Qld and Australia won last year as well as making a gf and he lost out to those Manly whingers, not that he doesn't deserve it this year but I could have understood if they gave it to Mini) The NRL are so god damn lucky that this guy is the captain of this country, not to mention Queensland and Storm.
On a side note, did I miss it or did they not show the 5/8 and halfback awards ?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the nrl have a lot to learn about presenting a professional awards night. Russel Crowe looked like he didn`t really know what to do and sometimes he acted like a rabbit caught in headlights..He showed no interest in the votes except when it had to do with the rabits. Please NRL ask the AFL for some advice on how an awards night is done.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya wrote:Am so happy he won. He is such a wonderful role model and example of an individual who not only has made the most of his talent but worked hard to overcome his shortcomings and worked hard to get the most out of himself. Had tears when he won, just nice to see someone get the rewards they deserve.
Not to mention Cameron Smith who is a credit to the game and richly deserved everything he got tonight. (Clealy that Captain of the year was making up for the horrible decision to overlook him last year, I mean Qld and Australia won last year as well as making a gf and he lost out to those Manly whingers, not that he doesn't deserve it this year but I could have understood if they gave it to Mini) The NRL are so god damn lucky that this guy is the captain of this country, not to mention Queensland and Storm.
On a side note, did I miss it or did they not show the 5/8 and halfback awards ?
Kya because the voting was so close they announced the half back and 5/8th awards when the players were heading up on stage after the Dally M was awarded.

Cooper was half back and JT and Carney were joint 5/8ths.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally I thought that was probably the best Dally M night I've seen.
Tony Squires was so much better than Warren Smith. And although I don't think much of him, It was good to see a human being as CEO (Dave Smith) instead of that LimaDuckwit Gallop.
I thought Rusty was alright. I kinda like the slightly informal nature of the Dally M as opposed to the Brownlow MacAvaney award.
My only criticism is I wish they showed more footy highlights. I'd rather a full 3 or so hr count with highlights of every game of every round than the condensed count back of final 10 rounds only.
Pretty poor that a mere 2hr presentation contained probably 50mins of wags bullshit and a promotion of Grease and Timomatic.

I was surprised to see Smithy win so many awards. Not that he didn't deserve them, I just expected to see a more Sydney-centric approach.
I kinda thought Gallen might've got the Captain award for his efforts to keep the Sharks successful despite the ASADA investigation.
After Cam won that award I thought it may have been because they were going to award Isaac Luke the hooker award.
I was very happy to see Coops get up too, very deserving. After DCE began polling so well towards the back end, and the Cowboys great finish to the season, I thought he or JT would top him.

Is it fair to say the players know they're winning awards? I didn't see Billy in the audience, did he know his award was going to be given to GI?