We let it slip

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote:
Michael :P wrote:However in the real world we struggled for the last month and lost our 2 finals games.
Yep and that's the reason why i don't see it as a missed opportunity in any way shape or form this year. If we were in great form leading up to the finals and dropped a game after having a bad one then it definitely would've been a missed opportunity but we were well down on form the best part of 6 weeks and you just can't take that into a finals series and expect any different to the results we had.
+1
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

When shame hayne refs us you can always predict when opposition will get their penalties.If Storm get off to a great start he will step in and help the opposition ,he will see how far they get down the ground by the 4th tackle then he will pay a ridiculous penalty to get them a try or penalty kick.I have no confidence in shame hayne or luke patten.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said Stormy. I often watch games with Hayne as the ref ( not always Storm games) and say this set there will be a penalty and there always is.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think it was a blessing in disguise we didn't win against the Knights.
Seeing the Roosters demolish the Knights on Saturday, I can't imagine how much we would have been dismantled against the red hot Roosters.
I would even say we would've got a bigger hiding than 40-0. Luckily this never happened and all the focus was on the Rabbitohs failure to reach the Grand Final.

Rest up lads and get ready for an assault for 2014.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Storm have a different mindset for different teams.they would have gone into the game against the chooks with a very determined attitude. We did beat them earlier this season.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just done a bit of a calculation and the following shows the 'table' of the top 8 with results against other teams in the top 8 for 2013 regular season

Storm 17
roosters 16
south 14
manly 11
dogs 10
cowboys 10
knights 8
sharks 4
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But we're the ones not playing on Sunday night.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stats don't matter - 80 minutes on the field does ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:But we're the ones not playing on Sunday night.

Pretty much my point, you dont have to be the best team in the competition to be crowned 'the best team in the competition'
Not that we deserved it this year.