Crocker retires

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Another former Storm champ has retired, Mick Crocker. He joins current duo Ryles and Finch along with King, Turner and Johnson. Sad to see you go Crock.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Momentous news

One less thug in the game
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol - you just made my day.....instead of watching Manly go down by some dodgy call, I'm now going to watch 80 minutes of the champion Michael Crocker belting that grub of a fullback over and over!

Thanks for the hits Crock, shame it had to end this way (is the former stormer curse intensifying? Retirement by injury?)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

oh yeah, add ben cross to that list too, i forgot he pulled the pin earlier in the year
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

watching that LEGAL hit on Stewart in 07 is my fav memory of Crock! And the Manly fans reaction at the ground made it even sweeter!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Always loved what Crock brought to the team when he actually could lace up the boots, something I think the team really lacks now. Shame he was only able to play 40 games for us and even bigger one that he left us prematurely..

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Momentous news

One less thug in the game
Pretty funny coming from a scum fan.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I’m sick and tired of the dribble that Cherry keeps on spruiking, anyone who can justify what that dog Brett Stewart did on Adam Blair has no credibility..
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If it works like other forums - you could click on his name and add him as 'foe'.....that should mean, whilst you're logged in, you won't see his posts. I'm sure an admin could clarify that though.

**Edit - Just tried it, his posts vanished - it's that easy O0

(although now it looks like my post is in reply to the original post.... :lol:)
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

toffee wrote:I’m sick and tired of the dribble that Cherry keeps on spruiking, anyone who can justify what that dog Brett Stewart did on Adam Blair has no credibility..
All of you call Matai a thug,Michelle Crockett has been charged the same amount of times,if you call Matai a thug and defend Michelle your a pure and complete hypocrite

Still neither of them kick faces or place their ears in the mouths of unsuspecting victims nor stomp skull and throw the world cup away so they aren't THAT bad I suppose, if karma did exist the karate kid would have had missed a few seasons with knee injuries instead of an ambassador for a cause that effects people from all walks of life,children inclusive
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
toffee wrote:I’m sick and tired of the dribble that Cherry keeps on spruiking, anyone who can justify what that dog Brett Stewart did on Adam Blair has no credibility..
All of you call Matai a thug,Michelle Crockett has been charged the same amount of times,if you call Matai a thug and defend Michelle your a pure and complete hypocrite

Still neither of them kick faces or place their ears in the mouths of unsuspecting victims nor stomp skull and throw the world cup away so they aren't THAT bad I suppose, if karma did exist the karate kid would have had missed a few seasons with knee injuries instead of an ambassador for a cause that effects people from all walks of life,children inclusive
Cherry I can't deny that Crocker has been charged a lot, so can understand why you call him a thug. The funny thing is the incident you have your panties in a knot about was an incident where Crocker didn't get penalised nor did he get charged.

All full backs put there feet up to protect themselves when catching high balls. If Slater hadn't have straightened his leg Klemmer would have been standing right underneath him. IMO Klemmer's fault. Minichello did exactly the same thing as Slater about three weeks after that and there was not one skeric of media about it because he doesn't wear a purple jumper.

"Place their ears in mouths" ... lol

I can't defend the Skandalis stomping incident.

As for the RLWC, Slater made a stupid mistake but what about Lockyer dropping the Cup, clearly over the try line under no pressure would have extended the lead to 16 - 0 ... game over.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:Another former Storm champ has retired, Mick Crocker. He joins current duo Ryles and Finch along with King, Turner and Johnson. Sad to see you go Crock.
Did Quinn retire too? Havent heard anything about him since the first few games of the season when he was playing for the Knights
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe Quinn is playing in the Knights NSW cup team.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Did Quinn retire too? Havent heard anything about him since the first few games of the season when he was playing for the Knights
Pretty sure I saw something recently stating that Quinn had agreed to a new one year deal with the Knights for 2014. Going around at least one more year I believe.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Which probably means Quinny is forced into retirement around round 14 next year, maybe a knee or a shoulder (heard it here first!)

Surprised he got an extension to be honest, didn't get to see much of him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Quinny is playing nsw cup and is in the team playing this weekend...he was nearly not playing after getting reported past week but to off the charge on weds