Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Banned for life?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am I would take him back from an ethics standpoint, no problems. And I consider myself a strong advocate of the 'no d*ckheads policy'. My only reason for not wanting him back is purely a salary cap related one.

90%+ of the polynesian players in our team currently would hold the same views as Izzy. The only difference is that they haven't been caught circulating ridiculous bible verses/statements.
]Agree, and that's completely fine. But he's a fool for posting what he did as he knew it would cause a stir, or he is just deliberately shit stirring.

I am staunchly Athiest - one of the groups he said needed to repent or will go to hell. I'm not mad. I obviously don't agree with him, but I do defend his right to have his own idiotic opinion.
I'm a drunk, so I too am in one of the groups he named. Actually, I think he covered most Australians with his list haha

How does Izzy get rubbed out of the game forever for a pretty standard religious post, but wife bashers, steroid users and convicted violent felons are welcomed back and in some cases, celebrated? Seems like a weird place to draw some ethical boundary IMO.
Great point, NRL just wants to avoid the media circus.
Anyway, I think he could offer in terms of playing, he's being doing pretty good France. But I don't think any club would want the media shitstorm that would accompany signing him. You can get away with it when you're a club in a small city in France, where Rugby League get as much coverage as curling does here. Unless you're like a Gold Coast or something desperate for some attention!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also, Folau playing in Australia won't happen, just wanted to stir up some discussion :P
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m thinking storm should sign Joe Ofahengaue I reckon Craig and storm could work their magic on him
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To play where though? Don't really need forwards. Need backs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol at the Izzy rumour.

Would give Ofahengaue a go if he was a backrower. Not much need for another middle forward though.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t really know to be honest we have enough
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 am
yourhero wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am I would take him back from an ethics standpoint, no problems. And I consider myself a strong advocate of the 'no d*ckheads policy'. My only reason for not wanting him back is purely a salary cap related one.

90%+ of the polynesian players in our team currently would hold the same views as Izzy. The only difference is that they haven't been caught circulating ridiculous bible verses/statements.
]Agree, and that's completely fine. But he's a fool for posting what he did as he knew it would cause a stir, or he is just deliberately shit stirring.

I am staunchly Athiest - one of the groups he said needed to repent or will go to hell. I'm not mad. I obviously don't agree with him, but I do defend his right to have his own idiotic opinion.
I'm a drunk, so I too am in one of the groups he named. Actually, I think he covered most Australians with his list haha

How does Izzy get rubbed out of the game forever for a pretty standard religious post, but wife bashers, steroid users and convicted violent felons are welcomed back and in some cases, celebrated? Seems like a weird place to draw some ethical boundary IMO.
Great point, NRL just wants to avoid the media circus.
Anyway, I think he could offer in terms of playing, he's being doing pretty good France. But I don't think any club would want the media shitstorm that would accompany signing him. You can get away with it when you're a club in a small city in France, where Rugby League get as much coverage as curling does here. Unless you're like a Gold Coast or something desperate for some attention!
And we're all, to some degree, Idolators.
I've always wondered how he can put himself out there to be a role model, or even just a footballer in the public eye, that same public that pay his wage and yet he can be an "idol" to his fans. Hypocrite
Told the not overly interested wife about the rumour and her comment was simply, hope not.
TigerFan2020
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hello All, just a tigers fan here stopping bye

in recent regards to rumors about our swap with JAC and Talau

i was just wondering how much you guys actually rate Talau
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’ve only watched him a few times ...seems you and learning

Reckon craig could make him a star in a few years
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Talau seems pretty solid, but yeah, I havent seen too much of him.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

SFS journos linked us with a move for Brent Naden come November.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really ...wow
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e29fdc8542

Broncos’ poaching raid on Storm continues as shock favourite emerges for CEO role
September 18, 2020
SIMON BRUNSDON
FOX SPORTS

Brisbane tried to poach Melbourne’s coach. They failed.

The Broncos want to bring Cameron Smith “home” to Queensland to lead the Red Hill team.

And now their raid on the Victorian rival has turned its focus to the big boss.

Queensland media is reporting the Broncos board wants to pinch Storm’s chief executive officer Dave Donaghy to replace the outgoing Paul White at year’s end.

White will vacate the top job at Red Hill and his position is one of the most sought after roles in Australian sport at the moment.

The Courier Mail reports Brisbane had 160 applicants and the club has reduced that list down to five names.

Fox League host Ben Ikin is included among them, as is former Queensland Reds boss Richard Barker.

But a number of media outlets now say Donaghy is a short priced favourite to land the role.

Channel 7 Queensland reports the job is as good as Donaghy’s if he wants it. The Broncos are set to make a formal off in the coming days.

Donaghy is one of the youngest club CEOs in the NRL but also one of the most respected given the powerhouse Melbourne has become.

Ikin was considered favourite to lead Brisbane into 2021 but now sits behind Donaghy on the pecking order, according to the reports.

It’s not the only vacant role at Red Hill currently.

The Broncos are yet to find a new coach after the sacking of Anthony Seibold mid-season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is most unfortunate... Dave wouldn't have put in an application if he didn't want the job. I wonder why he wants to leave? Money/a chance to achieve success elsewhere/bolster the resume?