Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK reading FB - I know - has anyone heard rumour of Jack's off to Canberra???
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I did here a Sydney club wanted him early in the year and Storm said no
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote:I did here a Sydney club wanted him early in the year and Storm said no

Yes correct both Manly and Gold Coast
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There are reports going around that Cameron Smith will play on til the end of 2020, Billy Slater will re-sign for 2019 and Jahrome Hughes will re-sign for another 3 years
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes signed a long term extension just last season.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah I thought it was odd that they mentioned Hughes. But if he signs for 3 more years on top of his current deal then that would be awesome
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hughes is already signed up
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hoping it's Munster instead.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree, Munster is the key signing. If Munster stays we will be competitive for a long time
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mystormboys wrote:OK reading FB - I know - has anyone heard rumour of Jack's off to Canberra???
Imagine the headlines: "Storm upset as Rhyley Jacks off to Canberra" lol!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:
mystormboys wrote:OK reading FB - I know - has anyone heard rumour of Jack's off to Canberra???
Ryley has a very weird politician fetish...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:
The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if the headline reads as: “Cameron Smith forces young star Ryley Jacks out of Storm”
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Smith punches an orphan child and several puppies in the face, before setting them on fire! - Danny Weidler with the exclusive story...

"Whilst no witnesses were available for comment, this reporter super-pinky swears it happened. I messaged Cameron Smith for a comment, he told me to go f*ck myself. That proves it 100% happened."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:What do we know ??

I've heard we've signed him from 2 separate peeps...

Tevita Chris Satae (born 22 October 1992) is a rugby league footballer who plays for the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL. He plays as a prop or second-row.
Playing career

After playing rugby league at St Paul's College, Satae signed with the Penrith Panthers and played in their 2012 National Youth Competition side. Satae also played rugby union for the Ponsonby Rugby Club.[2]

Satae played in the Auckland Rugby League competition for the Glenora Bears and the Point Chevalier Pirates.[3] He represented the Akarana Falcons and the New Zealand Residents in 2016.[2]

He then signed with the New Zealand Warriors and played in their 2017 Intrust Super Premiership NSW side.[2] On 31 March 2017 his contract was upgraded to a NRL squad contract.[4]

On 22 July 2017, he made his NRL début for the Warriors against the North Queensland Cowboys.
Satae has now re-signed with the Warriors. Looks to be a promising player.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were at Christian Welch's fundraising BBQ last night and we were talking to Camron Munster, who told us he has just bought a house in Kew and would be moving in at the end of the season. I hope that means he is staying.