Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

typical for us to lose up and comming players before we give them a crack. I hate how we persisted with players like blair who were set to leave and ignored the young players who would go out and play for their future
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, Bellamy has done it a few times recently. But he's Bellamy and whatever he decides is always correct.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was a bloke on twitter who said something to the Mole like "if you were any good you'd know who was spotted in Melbourne recently and likely to be the Storm's new 5/8" to which the Mole replied "heard a few possible candidates, 2 just back from the UK"

See what you can find out Sally ;)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't understand. Hampton is our 5/8th, who else would we be targeting so far into the offseason ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ohhh that's easy it's Joel Romelo from the Bulldogs he said on twitter his been done in melbs for two weeks already and done the labouring work ect

Lol even on holiday and I get the scoops
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice work Sallymay as usual. Has Romelo actually signed yet or is he doing a trial over pre-season?

Blazza18 we had two positions open in our roster, one for another half / five eighth and another for a centre.

We only have Cronk, Hampton and Walker in the halves. We lost Widdop, Finch and McGahan and have only added Walker. Also don't be so sure that Ben is a walk up to start at 6.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not sure Scooter his tweets make it sound like his living day to day and when Krisnan inu asked if he signed with the storm he just said training with them so I think he might be on trial but I'm not sure
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't read the papers anymore, i just get all my news from sallymay lol
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've found the tweet from the guy. Sounds more like a player from the UK.

Romelo eh. Another season where we'll over rely on our playmakers and hope for no injuries.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kennar is in the fg squad next year.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... nnar/87912
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Acording to the QRL website Joel Romelo is signed to East Tigers. From our U20s Dane Chang is also signed with the Tigers. Herschel Gideon signed with Souths Logan.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some more player movements from the QRL website.

Cory McGrady has joined Redcliffe, Sheldon Powe Hobbs has joined Northern Pride and Smith Samau has joined the Central Queensland Capras.

In addition to the Storm signing Cameron Munster from the Central Queensland Capras we have also signed Nathan Young from the Capras. Young apparently hails from a place called Banana.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What position does he play? I'm guessing he's in nyc squad?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is only 18 or 19. I think he is a prop.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vave has signed with Cronulla apparently.