Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 pm sallymay, the club also hasn't retained local Victorian talent Jordin Leiu who is Wests Tigers bound.
Saw that :x Honestly pisses me off ...hoping a few of the 20s get picked up but not likely they weren’t that great this year
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm on a signing spree this morning ...none of the players I thought but know about at least 2

Christian Welch 2020
Albert Vete 2020
Kenny Bromwich 2022
Tui Kamikikaka 2022

Knew about Christian and Kenny but Tui is awesome and I thought Albert was off to union so that one was a surprise
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get re-signing players is (mostly) good. Just not sure if Kenny or Kamikamica needed to be given new contracts just yet.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:07 pm I get re-signing players is (mostly) good. Just not sure if Kenny or Kamikamica needed to be given new contracts just yet.
If it makes you feel better, contracts these days don't seem to be worth the paper they're printed on.
- Kasiano was contracted to end of 2020
- Drinkwater was contracted to end of 2020

I'm sure there are other examples I can't think of right now
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not a player signing but an important one for the Football Department - Frank Ponissi has signed on for another 3 years.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryley Jacks has been spotted at storm HQ
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In very good news Harry Grant has signed with the Storm until the end of 2022.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow... That is great news. I thought we would be long odds purely because he has two great hookers in front of him here. The club must have sold him on a plan for getting him into first grade.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:09 pm Wow... That is great news. I thought we would be long odds purely because he has two great hookers in front of him here. The club must have sold him on a plan for getting him into first grade.
Excellent. Perhaps Cam to 7 , Brandon to 9 and Harry off the bench. Jahrome in the centres ?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 pm
yourhero wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:09 pm Wow... That is great news. I thought we would be long odds purely because he has two great hookers in front of him here. The club must have sold him on a plan for getting him into first grade.
Excellent. Perhaps Cam to 7 , Brandon to 9 and Harry off the bench. Jahrome in the centres ?
Harry will be a better hooker than Brando imho.

Brando's best position is lock (ably held by Dale Finucane) so Brando will need to be a bit of everything atm
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Donaghy is heading to Sydney tomorrow to meet with Addo-Carr and his manager. Allegedly “family reasons” are being put forward as a reason that JAC wants to be Sydney based.

:-\
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If we lose JAC and/or Scott, do we then have some money spare? Do we then even think about Latrell?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:51 pm Apparently Donaghy is heading to Sydney tomorrow to meet with Addo-Carr and his manager. Allegedly “family reasons” are being put forward as a reason that JAC wants to be Sydney based.

:-\
From personal experience and watching the negative experience of many others around me...don't move/relocate/change your life/buy a house/move away from the best scenario for you own life or ANY other reason,...simply for "family" reasons..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Something definitely not right at the club.

Would be more than ok with this if we had any kind of outside back depth. For now though I hope JAC stays until his contract finishes.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm Something definitely not right at the club.

Would be more than ok with this if we had any kind of outside back depth. For now though I hope JAC stays until his contract finishes.
Yep.... the constant murmurings of dissatisfaction from numerous players is unprecedented.

I can't remember a time when the short term future of so many first grade players at the Club was this clouded.