Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope so too. He has been phenomenal for us this year. Saved our bacon a number of times...
I think (along with Smithy obviously), Munster is in the running to take home Storm POTY.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently Alex Glenn and Jordan Kahu have been to to look elsewhere next year, anyone interested? We don’t need Kahu but I wouldn’t mind Glenn
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would need to see what the 2nd row market looks like. Could do a lot worse than Glenn though. He's been really solid the last season or so after a poor season in 2015 I think.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You'd think Glenn would be after more money than what we'd be willing/able to give him. With Kaufusi, K Bromwich and Stimson in the squad we're probably looking more for a depth back-rower rather than a genuine starter like Glenn. With the reduced interchanges proposed for next year you'd think most starting back-rowers would be expected to play the full 80 with perhaps a utility forward on the bench in case of injury.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Depends if Billy goes around again.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:You'd think Glenn would be after more money than what we'd be willing/able to give him. With Kaufusi, K Bromwich and Stimson in the squad we're probably looking more for a depth back-rower rather than a genuine starter like Glenn. With the reduced interchanges proposed for next year you'd think most starting back-rowers would be expected to play the full 80 with perhaps a utility forward on the bench in case of injury.
Agree with all of this.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny is more a middle forward these days. I think there is every possibility we bring someone in to start. A buy low option after a down season could be Ethan Lowe.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With all the Cleary to Wests talk, would it be worth chasing Brooks or is he too much of a defensive liability? Thoughts?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:With all the Cleary to Wests talk, would it be worth;
A. chasing Brooks or
B. is he too much of a defensive liability?

Thoughts?
B
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah I would pass on Brooks. Croft is gunna be better than Brooks
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Under the right tutelage Brooks would prosper. I hope he finds success wherever he plies his trade because he has great potential. Having said that, I don't think he's a good fit for our club because we've already got solid depth in our halves.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have one halfback locked in past this season. If you include Walters, who has been playing 5/8 for Easts, our other halves options are all fullbacks.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I guess I don't like him as a depth signing based on the money he would demand. If recruiting him forced us to let go of some of our other younger talent then I would prefer we gave him a miss. I put him in the same boat as Croft and don't see the point in having two NRL-ready halfbacks vying for the same spot on the team.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the reason we'd even target Brooks is we don't think Croft can be the guy for us.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes that would make sense but I think the club has faith in Brodie (he's signed until 2020) so can't see them going after Brooks.