Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not leaving the country Rhino2009 if he leaves the storm it will be a Sydney club he goes too...think its down to about 4/5 clubs Parra Tigers Dragons Souths or us
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It didn't take long Shaun Nona has been granted a release by Mackay Cutters to sign an NRL deal with the Dragons.

Good luck Shaun.

Interesting with Widdop there and talk that Cronk may replace Benji at end of year.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmm it's just annoying
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

People said that Garbutt being let go was crazy and illogical and stupid....hhhmmmm

Players are let go for a reason....usually because they aren't going to make the grade.

There will always be exceptions...players who are let go and eventuality make it like Maloney...but most vanish from the NRL or just make up numbers
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dragons are denying Nona has signed last I heard anyway
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Canada Rugby League keep tweeting about Sunshine Coast Falcons Ryley Jacks and his chance to play for Storm. Unfortunately he was injured in first pre-season training run with Storm. There are 31 players in Storm profiles and he isn't one of them.

With Nona gone we have 3 halves Cronk Green and Hampton and 2 hookers Smith and Griffin. So Jacks' best chance of playing (and Nafe Seluini's for that matter) is during Origin especially if there are any injuries during that time. I also assume with Nona gone that there is a spot free on our second tier list.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe that Drinkwater has a second tier contract even if he s being listed with the 20s so that would be the 4th half
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Newcastle have signed ­Parramatta prop Pauli Pauli for the next two seasons after he was released by the Eels in a bid to ease salary cap problems following the blue-and-gold signing of Michael Jennings.

And he may not be the only player to be exiting Parra­matta, with centre Ryan Morgan linked to a possible move to Melbourne Storm and Junior Paulo ­targeted by Canberra.

The Saturday Telegraph under­stands Pauli has been on the Knights’ radar since before Christmas with coach Nathan Brown keen to ­bolster the size of his ­forward pack.

Pauli made his NRL debut in 2014 and has played 33 NRL games to date with the Eels.

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/eels-rele ... hqlVFYt.99
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryan Morgan!?? Oh FFS...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

please no - he'll be another list clogger like travis robinson
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks to Sal on social media, apparently we have tabled a contract upgrade to Munster for 2016 and 2017 (he is currently contracted until the end of 2017), plus a three year extension to 2020. Contract value in the order of 1.8 million dollars.

Obviously we see him as the future and want to eliminate a bidding war at the end of 2017. Good move in my opinion and as long as he stays healthy, should be value for money.

The Courier Mail article states that Munster will sign the upgrade and extension before the 2016 season kicks off.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would make my day to see that happen.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh hi there...was gonna post it here too but couldn't log in

Pretty obvious Storm are taking the money from Coopers contract to give to cam Munster...they know he is already gone

Just what I'm hearing anyway
Kya
Squall
Squall

Extremely happy to see Munster set to sign on. Have no idea what Cooper is doing but I doubt that Coopers money has anything do do with Munsters contract.

Munster is set to earn significantly bigger dollars from 2018 to 2020 with a smaller upgrade in 2016/2017. Take into account that Billy will be retired after 2017, Cameron Smith will retire end of 2018, money will be freed up from both of those contracts. On top of that, the salary cap continues to rise each year and I believe the RLPA are trying to eventually get a similar cap to what AFL has for their players (currently $9 mill per AFL club , around $6 - $6.5 mill per NRL club currently).

Finally Cameron Munster is set to be the face of our club going forward (not Captain but in the same way Slater was the marketable face of our club nationally before the emergence of "Fab Four" that than became the "big three").
Expect a lot of third party agreements his way especially if he makes Origin/Aus sides in a few years time.

Would desperately love to see Cronk stay but it's not money that will sway his decision.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya wrote:
Munster is set to earn significantly bigger dollars from 2018 to 2020 with a smaller upgrade in 2016/2017. Take into account that Billy will be retired after 2017, Cameron Smith will retire end of 2018, money will be freed up from both of those contracts. On top of that, the salary cap continues to rise each year and I believe the RLPA are trying to eventually get a similar cap to what AFL has for their players (currently $9 mill per AFL club , around $6 - $6.5 mill per NRL club currently).

oh good point I forgot about that