Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When I heard it on the radio I thought he'd be perfect. Longshot but always good to dream.
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:I'm hoping that the fact he left that the storm know cooper is staying

What's the latest rumours on which club will Cooper Cronk be playing for in 2017 ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Depends who you listen too

Aussie media saying his gonna either go to the UK or Qld possibly stay in melbourne or retire

English media saying his staying in aust with storm possibly move to qld or retire

I get the feeling he might move to Sydney to be with his partner Tara Ruston who lives in Western Sydney or he will retire...apparently he just signed with fox sports to work on sterlo (the tv show)

My gut feeling though is it's his time to leave but I don't know which club or country he will go too
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:Depends who you listen too

Aussie media saying his gonna either go to the UK or Qld possibly stay in melbourne or retire

English media saying his staying in aust with storm possibly move to qld or retire

I get the feeling he might move to Sydney to be with his partner Tara Ruston who lives in Western Sydney or he will retire...apparently he just signed with fox sports to work on sterlo (the tv show)

My gut feeling though is it's his time to leave but I don't know which club or country he will go too

Thanks for your full response on the various rumours. Do you think there's a chance that Cronk could come to UK and play in SL ( for Leeds Rhinos! ), Tara could work in UK media?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to tweet from Canada RL Ryley Jacks has signed with the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Possibly Rhino2009 but I don't know
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've absolutely no idea where Cronk will be in 2017 but i get a feeling it won't be with us. That has nothing at all to do with the Sydney media because we all know they know sweet FA and pull stories from their arse, i mean they had Bellyache, Cam, and Bill signing for everyone but us and look what happened there....

With those other 3 i was always quietly confident they'd re-sign and they did but with Coops i just don't think he will for some reason. While i'd like to keep him and finish his club as a one club player, to be honest i wouldn't be massively devastated if he moved on.

While i love him as a player and what he's helped us achieve, he'll he 33 by the start of the 2017 season so you'd have to think he'll have at most 2 years at his very best at the top level. Even the greatest players can't go on forever and he's no different to any of the others. Unfortunately that includes Cam and Bill as well and they're certainly not immune to it either.....

Best case scenario if he does leave he'll head OS and we won't have to see him playing against us. A silver lining will be we'll have plenty of coin in reserve to sign a worthy replacement and is we already have one in our ranks spend the money elsewhere.
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ice wrote:I've absolutely no idea where Cronk will be in 2017 but i get a feeling it won't be with us. That has nothing at all to do with the Sydney media because we all know they know sweet FA and pull stories from their arse, i mean they had Bellyache, Cam, and Bill signing for everyone but us and look what happened there....

With those other 3 i was always quietly confident they'd re-sign and they did but with Coops i just don't think he will for some reason. While i'd like to keep him and finish his club as a one club player, to be honest i wouldn't be massively devastated if he moved on.

While i love him as a player and what he's helped us achieve, he'll he 33 by the start of the 2017 season so you'd have to think he'll have at most 2 years at his very best at the top level. Even the greatest players can't go on forever and he's no different to any of the others. Unfortunately that includes Cam and Bill as well and they're certainly not immune to it either.....Best case scenario if he does leave he'll head OS and we won't have to see him playing against us. A silver lining will be we'll have plenty of coin in reserve to sign a worthy replacement and is we already have one in our ranks spend the money elsewhere.

I hope Cronk comes to the UK but latest rumour is he's going to Sydney because of his girlfriend. I think she could work in the media in England so he could play in SL. 6 months ago rumour was he was going to sign for Leeds and I hope that's still the case.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

his gf actually lives in perth and works all over the country so The Lurker guy is a complete idiot and doesn't do his homework at all
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk started to decline last season. So next year might be the perfect time for him (and the club) to leave and chase money elsewhere.

Cronk leaves at the end of 2016, Slater end of 2017 and Smith 2018. Just like how Bellamy envisioned it in a recent article.
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:his gf actually lives in perth and works all over the country so The Lurker guy is a complete idiot and doesn't do his homework at all

She could work in uk! Any guess as to when Cronk will announce his 2017 playing decision, possibly before next season starts or at the end? I understand he has no manager.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read last week that Cronk has signed a deal with Fox Sports to give weekly insights on the Sterlo show. If that is accurate, you would think he would have to be Australia based.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rhino2009 wrote:
sallymay wrote:his gf actually lives in perth and works all over the country so The Lurker guy is a complete idiot and doesn't do his homework at all

She could work in uk! Any guess as to when Cronk will announce his 2017 playing decision, possibly before next season starts or at the end? I understand he has no manager.
Cronk's his own man - I think this could be anybody's guess as to when he will say what he is doing
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Hymel Hunt signs with the Rabbitohs.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
Cronk leaves at the end of 2016, Slater end of 2017 and Smith 2018. Just like how Bellamy envisioned it in a recent article.

Makes a lot of sense and the best possible scenario when it comes to the big 3 leaving. Again while it's going to be very tough seeing them finish up which is inevitable, on the bright side we'll have a shitload of coin to replace them.