Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No brainer really. Good on you KP.

Choice of coach
CRAIG BELLAMY= coach believes in his players and gets best out of them
ricky stuart= gives up on players and shows no LOYALTY to team
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's no way in hell we'd have matched the Raiders offer because there's zero chance we'd have anywhere near the money in the cap that they do. Given we made an offer for both KP and Hoffy and could only retain one of them i dare say we'd have a bit left over. How much that is we don't know.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope the Storm are keeping a watchful eye on Jack Bosden. He's been playing for the team Jason Ryles coaches this year. Has been known to not have a great desire to be a professional football player but if he regains his motivation this year then he'd be a good recruit for 2014 and beyond.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KP's comments are really nice to see, could he be the next clubman like Ryan Hoffman?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:KP's comments are really nice to see, could he be the next clubman like Ryan Hoffman?
He's had a decent start... 10 years with club already. He has been associated with us since he was 15 (I'm pretty sure).
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news and so good to hear his comments about being loyal and "can't put a price on happiness" tells me he turned his back on more money and anyone who does that I'll back any day.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Great news and so good to hear his comments about being loyal and "can't put a price on happiness" tells me he turned his back on more money and anyone who does that I'll back any day.
Hinchy did the same...no doubt Cam....probably Cooper....you'd have to think Jesse and I'd bet Tohu got offered massive overs to go...

this team is all class...even Hoffy...who I don't for one minute begrudge taking a payday because of his enduring loyalty.

He will play for the Worriers for 3 years...but his heart and head will always be with Melbourne
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour is he is being paid 530k a year and the raiders were 640k a year apparently storm upped from 510 to 530 at the last minute and he took it...my source says he was very close to leaving but has just brought an apartment in the city and is happy in melbourne
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are idiots if that is true.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

His heart is with Storm and he plays with a lot of heart. He would`ve regretted going to raiders and it would`ve showed up in his game. Glad he stayed.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

AND who wouldn't be happy living in the epicenter of the world Melbourne. :-D
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:AND who wouldn't be happy living in the epicenter of the world Melbourne. :-D
Gareth Widdop, Greg Inglis and Adam Blair.....

well at least one of our former stars is playing well elsewhere out of Melbourne....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
GoogleD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Great News - Young resigned for 2 more seasons.... Really like him as a player!

Well deserved Young....
GoogleD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Off the back of our 2 resignings.... We're really building up a great core of young players (pardon the pun) - the Bromwich's, Young T, Proctor, McLean, Harris, Hampton, Mann.... Really bright future. Along with Craig's recruits each year of experienced campaigners - I don't think we have a fear to be unsuccessful.

Excited about our back row next year; (hopefully)
11- KP
12 - KBrom
13 - Tohu
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GoogleD wrote:Great News - Young resigned for 2 more seasons.... Really like him as a player!
Yep, happy with that. Young has been working really hard and I love his runs coming out of our own end. Really powerful. He is averaging 123 metres a game - 30m more than Waqa and third most in the team behind Jessie and Billy.

As an aside, Waqa historically ran the ball back at pace and hit the line hard but has recently been jogging to meet the kick chasers and meekly resigning to the tackle...
GoogleD wrote:Excited about our back row next year; (hopefully)
11- KP
12 - KBrom
13 - Tohu
Hinchcliffe won't be relegated to the bench. He absolutely should be, but I don't see Craig putting him back there.

We look much stronger with Tohu starting.