Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh so now the dragqueens have pulled out apparently or KP just said no either way he ain't going there it's now between us and the raiders and his deciding tonight....quick someone go round to his house nock on the door and convince him melbournes the place to be
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Yeh so now the dragqueens have pulled out apparently or KP just said no either way he ain't going there it's now between us and the raiders and his deciding tonight....quick someone go round to his house nock on the door and convince him melbournes the place to be
As our resident stalker, we'll leave that one to you lol ;)
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We also have junior moors in nsw cup who is more than capable of filling KP shoes and for probably half the price!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Proctor goes, Harris and K.Bromwich start end of discussion.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Yeh so now the dragqueens have pulled out apparently or KP just said no either way he ain't going there it's now between us and the raiders and his deciding tonight....quick someone go round to his house nock on the door and convince him melbournes the place to be
Geez, who would want to go there?! Their coaching mess obviously made KP's decision a bit easier... Poor Gaz! (not financially obviously)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Glasby has not impressed enough to warrant a permanent bench spot let alone a starting gig IMO. I'd play Kenny B there. He seems to have decent ball handling skills and could fill that link man role on the right edge.
Glasby keeps performing in the Q cup so I think he warrants at least a consistent run in first grade, whether starting or off the bench. I've thought he could be Hoffman's long term replacement for awhile now. I like Kenny B at lock, but would be fine with him anywhere in the team, as long as he's getting plenty of minutes.

Not sure if McQueen and Te'o have signed elsewhere for 2015... although on face value you would think both would be on par or higher than Proctor's market value (but jeez that seems inflated). If so, more than we would want to spend.
I think both are a level up as players to what Proctor is and would love either one in purple. I asked Brent Read on twitter a few weeks ago about Teo and his response was - Teo was either staying at Souths or going to rugby. I asked what other clubs were interested in him and he only mentioned the Warriors offered big money but Teo turned them down.
McQueen is on very little at Souths, I wonder how much we'd need to offer to get him away from them ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tedesco signed with the Raiders so that's 1 down two to go with KP and Ennis still to decide
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: McQueen is on very little at Souths, I wonder how much we'd need to offer to get him away from them ?
I'm guessing an Origin player wouldn't be cheap, probably 500k+ on the open market whether he's worth it or not.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we could give McQueen 250k-300k and he'd be happy. He's only rumoured to be on 140k now. I hope the plan is to just target young backrowers at clubs who might be looking for a bigger opportunity in playing FG.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd take McQueen.... I'd rather keep K-Proc - and Teo can go play Rugby in Japan for all I care. ... grade A grub!

But yeah. ... can't see McQueen being any cheaper than K-Proc - and beyond being more versatile, I don't see him offering more than what we already have.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's official. Proctor joins Canberra.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/james- ... 6932894614
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well for $700,000 p/a...he had to go didn't he...

Storm are a victim of Canberra being SO crap for SO long....

glad we didn't sell the farm to keep KP...

the replacement player will now be the MOST critical part of the process for Storm...
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Tue May 27, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep. Wise decision from the club not to break the bank on Proc just because we lost Hoffman. Well done.

Tariq and Ashton Sims may not be at the Cowboys in 2015... Ashton wants to stay (family is settled there) but is off contract with nothing finalised as yet. Tariq and his partner want out of Nth Qld but 95% likely to land in Sydney.

This is the first time in a while we would be looking at the market for NRL ready second rowers.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im assuming it came down to money in the end because the culture, city, team in melbourne trumps canberra full stop.

There has to be something the NRL can do to give incentive for clubs to develop juniors. Why did we persist with KP from the age of 15 when we could have just bought someone that another club pumped money in? It sucks that we lost him when hes a rare player that only knows Melbourne. I remember seeing him at the Jim Beam after party at Vodafone arena, when Kearns presented him to the crowd I thought he was holding an upside down mop.

I am glad for KP because he will take on a leader position in their team and get all the money you can in your limited playing life.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hold your horses.