Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

KAUFUSI TO STAY IN EYE OF THE STORM

Melbourne are on the verge of securing a major win with star backrower Felise Kaufusi poised to ink a new deal.

While understandably inundated with interest, the Storm are close to re-signing the Australian international for at least another three seasons.

Market Watch can also reveal Kaufusi’s management are exploring the option of a fourth year as part of the deal.

It’s understood the Storm are ironing out the finer details of the deal which is very close to be signed off on.

Still only 25, Kaufusi has a wealth of potential and expected to make his State of Origin debut for Queensland this series.

Having debuted for the Storm in 2015 after leaving North Queensland where he played NYC, Kaufusi has established himself as one of the premier edge players in the game.

The new deal will keep him in Melbourne until at least the end of 2021.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:KAUFUSI TO STAY IN EYE OF THE STORM

Melbourne are on the verge of securing a major win with star backrower Felise Kaufusi poised to ink a new deal.

While understandably inundated with interest, the Storm are close to re-signing the Australian international for at least another three seasons.

Market Watch can also reveal Kaufusi’s management are exploring the option of a fourth year as part of the deal.

It’s understood the Storm are ironing out the finer details of the deal which is very close to be signed off on.

Still only 25, Kaufusi has a wealth of potential and expected to make his State of Origin debut for Queensland this series.

Having debuted for the Storm in 2015 after leaving North Queensland where he played NYC, Kaufusi has established himself as one of the premier edge players in the game.

The new deal will keep him in Melbourne until at least the end of 2021.
This is why Tim Glasby is talking with Newcastle.

At 25 years of age (Kaufusi)...Storm are obviously prioritizing signings as they should.

Love Tim Glasby...but Stimson taking Tim's place in the team and bringing in Corey Oats could be a great move imho.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the service Tim. I agree, as solid as Tim is, if money is a factor he should exploit his good reputation to get a money deal elsewhere.

Tim is a prop though. Stimson is an edge backrower. Based on what I have seen to date, I wouldn't play Stimson as a middle forward. Oates is not even a proven backrower.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Remaining players off contract: Sandor Earl, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Sale Finau, Louis Geraghty, Tim Glasby, Harry Grant, Ryan Hoffman, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Tui Kamikamica, Kayleb Milne, Justin Olam, Junior Ratuvu, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Shem Tatupu, Lachlan Timms, Young Tonumaipea, Billy Walters

I believe we have the most off contract players of any club with 19.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most of them will stay I reckon Justin olam will leave

Pretty sure Shem isn't with us any more he is now working as a development officer for schools
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He left Hawthorn after 'losing interest' in AFL but came from a Union background. Don't think he ever even played a Q Cup game?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To the best of my knowledge he only played BRL.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looking at the lists of all off-contract players at other clubs, there’s not really much there. Not one player jumped out at me where I was like, man I would love for the Storm to get him. One player I wouldn’t mind going after tho is probably JJ Felise from the Tigers, I think he could probably be a good steal
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:
Cameron wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... 1cr2gmhtls

Parra are after Nelson

Nelson Asofa-Solomona of Melbourne Storm, I'm hearing that Parramatta may have a bit of interest in him," Ritchie said on Triple M on Wednesday.

"He's an absolute giant. Parramatta need a giant in their pack so don't be surprised if they have a bit of a nibble at the big fella coming out of the Melbourne Storm."

Nelsons parents just moved to Melbourne he isn't going anywhere
Even more unlikely now given the Eels just forked out millions to get Junior Paulo.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote:
sallymay wrote:
Cameron wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... 1cr2gmhtls

Parra are after Nelson

Nelson Asofa-Solomona of Melbourne Storm, I'm hearing that Parramatta may have a bit of interest in him," Ritchie said on Triple M on Wednesday.

"He's an absolute giant. Parramatta need a giant in their pack so don't be surprised if they have a bit of a nibble at the big fella coming out of the Melbourne Storm."

Nelsons parents just moved to Melbourne he isn't going anywhere
Even more unlikely now given the Eels just forked out millions to get Junior Paulo.
A very good observation RoftS....highly unlikely now that they paid massive overs for a front rower...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Reading that Newcastle are tryin to snap up Tim Glasby. He's already been shown around the Newcastle facilities so he's obviously exploring his options.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm apparently looking at Aiden Sezer. I don’t mind that, I think he would do really well in the Storm system
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Glasby to Knights apparently a done deal. Happy that he gets a pay day, deserves it.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Brent Read reckons Tim signed with the Knights yesterday.

Brent Read‏Verified account @brentread_7 · 16h16 hours ago

Hearing Tim Glasby has signed with the Knights. If correct, great recruit for Newcastle
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Glasby to Knights apparently a done deal. Happy that he gets a pay day, deserves it.
Newcastle newspaper reporting he has verbally agreed to a multi-year deal with the Knights. Very happy for Tim and his family.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5402 ... ext-season