Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote:Kelma Tuilagi + 2 more years/NRL Squad.
Excellent . Could become a very good player.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lachlan Tim signed with the dragons for a year
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mark Geyer thinks Melbourne Storm would be good environment for Corey Norman ::) ::) ::)

Isn't the assessment meant to be the other way round ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No thanks
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:No thanks
:thumbright: :thumbright:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still not actually signed. Says he will sign after his holiday.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not technically signed but when you have Frank stating it’s all but over the line it’s pretty much a done deal I think
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd like to think so but he said that about Cam Smith ages ago and still nothing so I'm going to be nervous about it until it's official.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry this cannot be true. I was told he was a done deal to the Roosters.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Sorry this cannot be true. I was told he was a done deal to the Roosters.
I'm hearing french rugby plus a 2-fight deal with Floyd Mayweather
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/exmel ... 13b71ec066

Ex-Melbourne halfback Brett Kimmorley urges Storm to get Cameron Smith deal done
AAP
November 14, 2018

Melbourne’s inaugural premiership-winning halfback Brett Kimmorley says the Storm’s stand-off with Cameron Smith is an ugly look and the NRL club should pay their captain what he’s asking.

Almost six weeks after Melbourne’s grand final loss, club great Smith remains unsigned.

Smith’s manager Isaac Moses is reportedly attempting to bolster the former Kangaroos captain’s one-year deal with third party arrangements with Melbourne resisting.

While the Storm are confident they will find common ground for Smith to play an 18th NRL season to become the first NRL star to break the 400-game barrier, Kimmorley said Melbourne should get the deal done.

“He’s been the best player that club’s ever had and probably the best our game’s ever seen and a big reason for their long-term success,” said Kimmorley, who played 79 games over three seasons with Melbourne including their 1999 title.

“He also stood down from Origin this year as well which helped them win every game through that period.

“With the service he’s given them and the value of what he gives the club — they need him more than ever without Billy (Slater).

“I would have thought they’d do as much as they could and do it as quickly as they could to get the deal done.”

Kimmorley felt the club would miss Slater, who retired at the end of the season, even more than they did fellow great Cooper Cronk, who left at the end of 2017.

He said he feared for the club’s future if they lost Smith at the same time as Slater.

“Billy is a one in a generation player and has changed the way fullbacks play,” he said.

“If they can stagger and lose Cameron next year it’s a better position than now.”

Kimmorley said if the deal wasn’t done it would be sad to see 35-year-old Smith bow out with his last game being the grand final defeat by the Sydney Roosters.

“I don’t expect the club to break the bank but I wouldn’t have thought Cameron would have been going above and beyond either,” Kimmorley said.

“You’re not saying he’s over the hill or by re-signing him they’ll be going backwards — he’s still the best hooker in the game.”
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to argue with Noddy there. Pay him what he wants and move on.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:The signing of Darryn Schonig has hit a snag...his old club won’t let him go
Daniel Dole (Wentworthville Magpies) a new signing for the Falcons will do the pre-season instead.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That’s funny I actually follow Daniel on insta cause he is friends with one of the wolves (my local team in melb) boys and Daniel posted the other day a photo of himself with Angelo (the wolf) outside aami Park saying it was his new home from a month...I thought he was joking but then he posted he was with The 2 other falcons boys in Melbourne so I gathered it was true