Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Keeping Nelson for 5 more seasons is a pretty ridiculous coup for the club.

Glad we've been able to keep Drinkwater. He is going to eventually snatch someone's job.
Totally agree re Drinkwater. I would be looking to him grabbing an outside back spot next season. We have to improve, and if the encumbents ( except the Fox, who had a strong year ) do not lift their game then he could slot in .

By the way, this is my first post since before the GF. I am still stunned by what happened. The 80 minutes went so quickly, and we never , ever looked likely. So depressing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:NAS re-signed until the end of 2023. Onwards and upwards
Start calling you Scoop with grrat news like that one.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Start calling you Scoop with grrat news like that one.
lol we'll just take that great news on top of the other young lads re-signing. There were so many north of the border ready for the demise of the Storm after the big 3 move on there's plenty of life in us yet.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson is huge for us both literally and figuratively.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson signing is monumental. I beleive he is about to come of age like Jesse did 2 or 3 years ago where everything he did was golden.
I also believe Nelson will leave after this contract and become an All Black legend, but for now I am stoked he's all ours!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best wishes and good luck to Ryley...

he'll always be part of the Melbourne Storm family...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Darryn Schonig a Falcons signing will be doing the pre-season with the side.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Addin Founa-Blake reportedly wants out of Manly. Would be a great addition for us IMHO. Not sure if the rumour is true or if we would have cap space to be able to sign him (doubtful) but if we are allowed to deal in hypotheticals I would love to see him start alongside Jesse up front and have NAS and Welch/Kas come off the bench.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Addin Founa-Blake reportedly wants out of Manly. Would be a great addition for us IMHO. Not sure if the rumour is true or if we would have cap space to be able to sign him (doubtful) but if we are allowed to deal in hypotheticals I would love to see him start alongside Jesse up front and have NAS and Welch/Kas come off the bench.
Tough player. Besides the power running game, he has that bit of mongrel in him that we seemingly have been short on. Don't know too much about him but he probably wouldn't even make it to a coffee meeting given he has a 12 month suspended gaol sentence for domestic violence.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wow, I did not know about the DV issue. I guess it's an F against the no DH policy then.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The signing of Darryn Schonig has hit a snag...his old club won’t let him go
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like Fonua-Blake. Was hoping we’d make a play at Moses Leota but he signed with the Dragons or Manly I think.
NYCDB
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Anyone know where Louis Geraghty is off to next season?