Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Justin Olam contract extension has been confirmed by the club today.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -to-storm/

Olam commits to Storm
melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 22 May 2020

Fearless centre Justin Olam will rep the purple jersey until at least the end of the 2022 season after signing a two-year contract extension with Melbourne Storm.

The 26 year old had a stunning breakout year in 2019, playing 14 NRL games and representing PNG in two international tests.

Affectionately known as 'the human brick', Olam plays with seemingly no sense of self-preservation. His passion has won him countless fans in Melbourne and at home in PNG.

His gentle manner away from the field belies his fierce playing style - he embodies our club values of accountability, hard work, respect, family and passion and the club is delighted to have Justin on board until at least the end of the 2022 season.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone believe the rumours that Harry Grant has a clause in his contract that can allow him to remain at the Tigers if Cam Smith plays another season?

If so, huge dilemma facing the club.

My $0.02... I think Cam calls it a day before he faces a decline in form.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am Anyone believe the rumours that Harry Grant has a clause in his contract that can allow him to remain at the Tigers if Cam Smith plays another season?

If so, huge dilemma facing the club.

My $0.02... I think Cam calls it a day before he faces a decline in form.
My 0.02c worth....I think this will be Cam's final year.

Bigger concern for the Club is that both Harry and Brando will want the 9.

Either player could walk if they don't get that starting position.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon should get it and I'm pretty confident he will.

In relation to losing Grant, Cam playing on is almost irrelevant in that regard. Grant is an excellent player that unfortunately has a better player in front of him. We cannot expect to keep two starting NRL quality hookers in our team. Both will want and expect a pathway to a regular starting 9 gig and will leave the club to get that, 100% guarantee. That is no fault of the club so people should consider that before complaining about losing one of them next year. If anything, the club should be congratulated on identifying and signing quality young players and getting them to the club.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:06 am Brandon should get it and I'm pretty confident he will.

In relation to losing Grant, Cam playing on is almost irrelevant in that regard. Grant is an excellent player that unfortunately has a better player in front of him. We cannot expect to keep two starting NRL quality hookers in our team. Both will want and expect a pathway to a regular starting 9 gig and will leave the club to get that, 100% guarantee. That is no fault of the club so people should consider that before complaining about losing one of them next year. If anything, the club should be congratulated on identifying and signing quality young players and getting them to the club.
agreed...but it still hurts to lose very good young players (like all teams do)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Find it hard to imagine Grant returning. The real shame in having to let him move on is not being able to get back a move valuable player in return.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumours around that we're after Jason Saab from the dragons.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:02 pm Rumours around that we're after Jason Saab from the dragons.
Isn't he contracted until 2022 ?

Mattpoet.....would he be a viable option to get as a highly rated junior in return for Addo Carr ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly don't know much about him. Has good size - listed at 199cm and 107kg - and big wraps on him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumours doing the rounds that storm will swap Josh addo Carr for Momorovski and another Tigers player And get Harry back

Sounds good to me
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Me too, honestly don't want Addo-Carr here anymore, attitude has gone south fast
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree- that would be a very good outcome. Fox can go back to where we found him - in second grade at Tigers.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Depends who the other Tigers player is, really.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We will lose him at the end of 2020 anyway. Might as well get Momirovski (even just him) if we can. Better than nothing which is a distinct possibility. The sooner the better.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 am Me too, honestly don't want Addo-Carr here anymore, attitude has gone south fast
As much as I agree with you I think he has been distracted a bit the last few weeks with his partner being in hospital then giving birth