Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Drinkwater gaaaawwwwnnnnnnn......lima lima lima duck lima lima lima duck lima lima lima duck lima lima lima duck IT

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... cc58f9a6b0
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
shorton
Squall
Squall

Deleted
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I tolerated Short One because of the comedic factor he brought to the forum but that last comment he wrote to the forum was way too inappropriate.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This move by Scott Drinkwater is hugely disappointing
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I want him to play first grade so if it means he has to leave good luck to him
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible look from the club. The process in how we lost him deserves answers. Wish him well and hope he kills it.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm Terrible look from the club. The process in how we lost him deserves answers. Wish him well and hope he kills it.
How is it a bad look for the club?

He was first in line for the fullback spot. He got injured and another two guys impressed while he was away. He was given a couple of games in reserve grade - which any young fella needs after an extended absence - and rather than fight for a spot in what is continually one of the best sides in the comp, it seems (to be confirmed by the club) he chose to go elsewhere.

What did the club do wrong here?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean we’re losing a talented young player because we have *too* many players playing the same position. Maybe start there.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We had options to replace a once in a generation player in Slater, it would be incompetent of the club not to have multiple options in place to try in that situation unless we already knew who his successor would be. Club did everything right as far as I'm concerned.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, hard to blame the club on this one. In this case it is more a player doesn't want to fight for a spot and instead thinks he is deserving of a saloon passage to regular first grade. He essentially gave up on himself earning that at the Storm whilst in rehab.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Incompetent of the club not to have options is an interesting way to put it considering what's going on at our halfback position. Gets funnier when you think about what position Drinkwater played for the Aussie jnr kangaroos team.

It's not like the club has ever moved a players position for the benefit of the team either.
shorton
Squall
Squall

Bellamy has completely stuffed up the half back saga
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 am Incompetent of the club not to have options is an interesting way to put it considering what's going on at our halfback position. Gets funnier when you think about what position Drinkwater played for the Aussie jnr kangaroos team.

It's not like the club has ever moved a players position for the benefit of the team either.
It does feel as though we've put all our eggs in the Croft basket.

I guess we could always hope for a Steve Turner back flip.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:34 am
blazza18 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 am Incompetent of the club not to have options is an interesting way to put it considering what's going on at our halfback position. Gets funnier when you think about what position Drinkwater played for the Aussie jnr kangaroos team.

It does feel as though we've put all our eggs in the Croft basket.

I guess we could always hope for a Steve Turner back flip.
Apart from GI....I haven't generally had any concerns with any player leaving the Club. I understand that it's just the nature of football as a business.

I am however....genuinely disappointed that Scott Drinkwater is leaving.....this one could bite hard....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
shorton
Squall
Squall

At least he’s not going to the Roosters