Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Izzy Folau walking out of Tullamarine around 6.30pm tonight. He’s obviously not playing and it’s 8 degrees in our fair City atm so he’s obviously not here for the tropical weather. Not sure it means anything...just sayin’....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 am Izzy Folau walking out of Tullamarine around 6.30pm tonight. He’s obviously not playing and it’s 8 degrees in our fair City atm so he’s obviously not here for the tropical weather. Not sure it means anything...just sayin’....
Apologies....was meant to be in the Israel Folau thread.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pat Kaufusi gone to St George effective immediately.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think that means we have 3 spots available... Grant, Kata and a forward?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:21 pm I think that means we have 3 spots available... Grant, Kata and a forward?
If Harry is not in the top 30 we absolutely have to get him in there. Kata would be a great addition, as others have said . And have we definitely missed out on Max King ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure, only one saying it and I don't trust the source so we'll see I guess.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:21 pm I think that means we have 3 spots available... Grant, Kata and a forward?
If Harry is not in the top 30 we absolutely have to get him in there. Kata would be a great addition, as others have said . And have we definitely missed out on Max King ?
Max is coming next year just not before June 30 now
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:40 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Max is coming next year just not before June 30 now
According to Macquarie Sports Radio, the Titans have performed another backflip and King could be training with the Storm as early as Sunday.

Apparently, the Titans had granted him a release and he packed up the car and started the drive to Melbourne. Then Arrow and Peachey got injured and they changed their mind and rang him to come back to the Gold Coast. Now they have reverted to their original decision reportedly.
Utha
Squall
Squall

King, Kata, and Grant sign with Storm. Drinkwater off to the Cowboys, effective immediately.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ith-storm/
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Assuming Kata didn't come here just to continue to play reserve grade. Be interesting to know who Bellamy views as our strongest 17. Grant is a bit like Drinkwater in that he's good enough already for a shot in the NRL.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would guess that Curtis Scott might be on shaky grounds especially with the signing of Kata.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm I would guess that Curtis Scott might be on shaky grounds especially with the signing of Kata.
Personally i really struggle to understand why Scott won't be a 12 year Storm player.

He's fairly complete imho....albeit there is always room for continued improvement
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kata has been signed as insurance in case Scott is tempted to head back to Sydney.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Also with an eye to the future acknowledging that Will is no spring chicken.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Kata would be an interesting bench utility. He's a damaging ball runner when he wants to be and can cover wing, centre or second row. Maybe if they drop Brodie, move Hughes to 7 and Papz to 1 then Bellyache could carry Kata as an impact player off the bench.