Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just read that Remis Smith agent is shopping him around. He has approached the rosters because they are after centre/winger next year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:40 am Just read that Remis Smith agent is shopping him around. He has approached the rosters because they are after centre/winger next year.
WTF ???? Wow that would be a loss for Storm. Our team needs centres as well…desperately. And Smith is our only decent player in that position.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TPJ - Whilst we are desperate for some prop grunt, not sure we cancel the ‘no d*ckheads policy’ to do that. Maybe he has matured a bit. But he needs to be interested for the right reasons (Ie. Righting his career path, ready to work his ass off).

We need hard workers, not someone trying to piggyback on a Premiership tilt.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reimis being shopped around isn’t good at all IMO. He is the only centre we have that can play defence.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, his career 50 wins in 64 Storm games is no coincidence
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My only knocks on Reimis is he moves around like he's 30+ despite only being 26 (for another week). And he has tunnel vision when he has the ball. Despite that, we'd be much worse off if we didn't re-sign him. Hopefully we give him a fair offer and keep him.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Re Reimis, sounds like standard manager process, shop around, sprout to the media and drive up the value. Problem is, the Roosters have more than just their standard sombrero next year. 🤔
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters just want to add to their collection of Smiths - Brandon, Billy, Sandon...
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:07 pm We need more mongrel in the pack. TPJ is a risk but probably worth it…hopefully works out better than Sam Kasiano a few years back…
Hard pass.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

ALX22 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:14 pm
SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:07 pm We need more mongrel in the pack. TPJ is a risk but probably worth it…hopefully works out better than Sam Kasiano a few years back…
Hard pass.
So would you leave the middles as they are? You definitely have not got enough spice when NAS is off the field. There are some great workers but they can look bullyable and a bit samey…

I’d rather some one with better character than TPJ but based on immediate availability who can make an impact in 2024 he is a cut above anything else…
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fox Sports News
Tevita Pangai Junior has said he is open to a return to the NRL via the Storm, after it was reported earlier this week that Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has indicated he is entertaining the idea of signing the talented forward.
Eight months after announcing his retirement from the NRL, Pangai Junior is set to quit professional boxing to return to the game.
The Courier Mail’s Peter Badel reported Pangai Junior has had preliminary talks with Bellamy after his management reached out to the Storm coach.
Pangai Junior confirmed the mutual interest in an interview with SEN Radio on Wednesday, revealing it was Storm legend Cameron Smith who tossed up the idea to the former Broncos, Bulldogs and Panthers forward.
“It was funny because I had actually seen Cameron Smith at the netball maybe a month ago, and that gave me the idea to give Bellyache a cold call,” Pangai Junior said
“If Craig Bellamy wants you, you sort of have to go.
“Hopefully that does come to fruition, to be in a system like Melbourne Storm.”
Pangai Junior’s brother and manager, David, confirmed to News Corp that there has been contact with the Storm.
“Craig Bellamy has indicated he is keen, but there’s been no offer from the Storm,” he said.
“There’s interest, but nothing is signed, so we’ll keep talking with them.”
It’s a dramatic change of heart for Pangai Junior, who walked out on the final year of his contract at the Bulldogs — said to be worth $750,000 — to pursue a professional boxing career last August.
He was adamant that he was done with the NRL and would not entertain a return... until he joined Queensland Cup side Souths Logan Magpies and had informal talks with Broncos coach Kevin Walters about a mid-season return.
The Broncos, however, have been held back by their salary cap.
Pangai Junior has won two professional fights since leaving the NRL and will step into the ring again later this month.
But he told News Corp that after this next fight he will focus on an NRL return.
However, that return, if it comes to fruition, will be with a successful side according to Pangai Junior.
“No disrespect to anyone on the bottom teams but if I go back to a bottom team then people will say I haven’t learnt my lesson,” he said.
“I need to go to a team where it’s not about the money, it’s about the system and the coaches, and the players.”
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

“It was funny because I had actually seen Cameron Smith at the netball maybe a month ago, and that gave me the idea to give Bellyache a cold call,” Pangai Junior said
“If Craig Bellamy wants you, you sort of have to go.

That quote made me laugh

Bellamy didn’t ring you you rang him 🤣
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Craig extending caught me by surprise!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

with what Munny said last week and what Rome said on their podcast I didn’t think he would retire but totally wasn’t expecting it today

Love bellza 💜
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shows he has a lot of faith in this team still.