Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:37 pm Sam kasiano has been released by Leeds he is on the lookout for a new club apparently wants to come home

Yeah or no

Tbh I never liked him
33 and he didn’t work out when he was with Storm previously. No need to go back to that well.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:17 am
sallymay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:54 am Apparently aaron Pene is being shopped around overseas
He must have really failed to impress the Coaches given the Club’s desperate need for fwds.
This or a personality clash...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Aaron posted on Insta the news article wasn’t true he is 100% committed to storm this year
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It’s official

Announcement made by the club

Olam > Tigers
Blore > Storm

Both start training with the clubs next week, welcome Shawn! And thanks for everything Justin!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Justin for over 100 games of intensity for the Storm. One of my favourites. Good luck at the Tigers.

Welcome to the Storm Shawn.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blore on a 3 year deal
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A sensible trade by both clubs ( both of whom also showed a lot of common sense with the Grant/Momirovski temporary trade a few years ago.

Many thanks to Justin for his service , and best wishes at Tigers.

We really needed a second rower to partner Eli, and let’s hope Shawn is the answer. I already have him penciled in at 12.

I see that he missed 2022 with an ACL. He bounced back in 2023, and hopefully - with greater confidence- can go to another level this year.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

All the best to Justin, has been wonderful for us on and off the field!

I know it's being reported we bought Shawn Blore as an edge forward but I remembered seeing this a while ago.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/shock- ... 5dz9p.html

'Blore met Bellamy in Sydney, and the premiership-winning coach told him how things operated down south, and how the club viewed him as a middle forward. The former Penrith junior, who sees himself playing on an edge, said it was “hard not to be impressed” by Bellamy and the Storm.'
Stormboy1234
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think blore will be a great signing for us watched a few of game's when bellyache showed interest in him really liked the look of him
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cooper Johns has announced his retirement from NRL to work in radio media. Good luck to Cooper on his new career…I think he’ll do well. Clearly the Club knew that Pezet was the future of the Storm halves though…so this decision sets up Storm well for future.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Supposedly Blore is really impressing already down at Geelong! I’ve been thinking what a great young core we have for the back row for the foreseeable future:

11. Katoa
12. Howarth
13. Blore

They are all signed for at least 3 years, all in their early 20’s and all have incredibly high ceilings, this could be our back row for 10 years if they develop the way we all hope they do. As great a job Kingy did in 13 last season he isn’t the ball playing dynamic threat we need in the lock position, I think he shifts back to the front row along with Loiero if he can prove his worth, and give us a bit more depth in the engine room, very excited to see what this young core can accomplish, Joe Chan is a smokey to come on too, would be a great problem to have.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really want to see Chan and MacDonald kick on, they're both exciting prospects
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nofo … termination letter and payout by Wests.

Yes or No for Storm ? (especially if a cut price salary)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes but not lol
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:45 pm Yes but not lol
Cryptic as always sallymay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you mean Yes you'd want him at Storm.......but probably it won't happen because Storm wont make a move for him ?