Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:01 pm I have no serious concerns over Grant.

Hughes started the season poorly, ended the season poorly and gets injured a lot.

Munster saves his best footy for when he plays for QLD or when his contract is coming up for renewal.

Paps I've spoken about before.

Not ruling any of them out, not saying they are rubbish, but I am saying they're overrated.
Hallelujah brother
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:27 pm In days gone, we had our superstar spine, a strong but underrated pack, a number of young guns pushing for first grade and supplemented by a couple of journey men / outcasts.

In light of what Penrith have done I wonder how Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and the Club as a whole will view their collective successes. Never achieved back to back, let alone 3 in a row.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

11, 16, and 21 the club will have some regrets over not doing enough to win those years but I don't think not winning b2b diminishes anything.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Yeah, I don't think four flag hero Joel Selwood feels that not going b2b diminishes his achievements, even though 2008 was probably the one that got away.

I will say that it's a lot more difficult for a non-NSW team to repeat. Canberra (technically a NSW team) and Brisbane are the only non-NSW based teams to ever go b2b in a united competition*, and that was 33 and 30 years respectively.

* I have to emphasize this "united" bit because of the two competitions in 1997. Technically the Broncos went b2b in 97 (Super League) and 98 (reunited NRL comp.).

It's why I rate the minor premiership (J. J. Giltinan Shield) so highly - it means you've been the best team over a gruelling six month period. Finals can be a bit of a crapshoot.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jennings and Grant both released
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bit disappointed to see Jordan Grant released. He was great for Brisbane Tigers. He was a hard running forward who gained a heap of metres. I thought he would get more than the first 2 games this season (and 7 in total) for the Storm.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:53 pm Bit disappointed to see Jordan Grant released. He was great for Brisbane Tigers. He was a hard running forward who gained a heap of metres. I thought he would get more than the first 2 games this season (and 7 in total) for the Storm.
Based on pure grunt…there must have been another or some other factors why he didn’t get more games. Surely??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kinda disappointed about jordan too …gonna be huge for another team
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yet to be announced but I’ve been told Tom Eisenhuth is leaving as well
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:34 am
yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:27 pm In days gone, we had our superstar spine, a strong but underrated pack, a number of young guns pushing for first grade and supplemented by a couple of journey men / outcasts.

In light of what Penrith have done I wonder how Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and the Club as a whole will view their collective successes. Never achieved back to back, let alone 3 in a row.
I think a lot of people forget how much of a toll State of Origin took on the team over those years.

You’d also have to consider the fact when the Storm won in 2012 all three were 29 years old.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:25 am Yet to be announced but I’ve been told Tom Eisenhuth is leaving as well
Had a club option for 2024 so interesting it has been turned down. Of the players leaving this is the first one that is slightly surprising.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd say we're trying to create some cap space for a forward
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eisenhuth departure now confirmed.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour is juzzy has signed with Warrington …not sure how true this is though

Another rumour is Storm might sign Daniel saifiti from the knights
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:58 pm Rumour is juzzy has signed with Warrington …not sure how true this is though

Another rumour is Storm might sign Daniel saifiti from the knights
There has been plenty of rumours about Juzzy joining Warrington since Sam Burgess was announced as coach.