Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just can’t get my head around Jack Howarth.

But then when I really think about it, Jack is on decent money, we were chasing Tino / Haas with big offers - did Jack and the club mutually agree to part way months ago?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean I get Dean and possibly Jayden maybe Aaron and maybe even Chris

But why Joe and Jack

Especially since all have contracts

Now I’m pissed off …none of it make sense
Last edited by sallymay on Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok so I posted in Facebook ….apparently it’s the players that went and helped the banner crew do their banner for members round

Now that makes way more sense to me

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... 9G0qTozXo8
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for clearing that up sallymay!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well I’m glad that clears things up.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Phew!!! Good job!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:06 am I mean I get Dean and possibly Jayden maybe Aaron and maybe even Chris

But why Joe and Jack

Is Howarth going to seriously make FG at Storm ? He’d want to lift his intensity and application. I get he’s super young but he’s at the fork in the road and needs to make a decision soon.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am
sallymay wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:06 am I mean I get Dean and possibly Jayden maybe Aaron and maybe even Chris

But why Joe and Jack

Is Howarth going to seriously make FG at Storm ? He’d want to lift his intensity and application. I get he’s super young but he’s at the fork in the road and needs to make a decision soon.

I mean his now got 1 game in first grade under his belt so I’m sure we will see him more next year …his just had a lot of shoulder problems now they fixed them up he should be good to go
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:18 am
Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am

But why Joe and Jack

I mean his now got 1 game in first grade under his belt so I’m sure we will see him more next year …his just had a lot of shoulder problems now they fixed them up he should be good to go
Clearly rated incredibly highly internally evidenced by the big contract he is on.

Bad year from an injury / continuity point of view for him which no one could foresee.

Big preseason for him and I see him in the 17 next season.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.zerotackle.com/storm-set-to ... 62569/amp/
Storm set to extend contract of young gun

The Melbourne Storm are set to extend the contract of youngster Sua Fa'alogo a fortnight after making his NRL debut.

The decision by the Storm comes after star fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen sustained another major leg injury within three games of returning to the NRL after a 13-month injury hiatus from the sport.

In his NRL debut, Fa'alogo showed plenty of promise and would even cross the line for two four-pointers. One of them coming after a 70-metre two-man run with Papenhuyzen.

His debut also included eight tackle busts, two line breaks, 24 passes and 108 total running metres.

“I was just so grateful … never thought (as) a kid from Samoa would get a debut, I am just so grateful," Faalogo said after his NRL debut.

“I came straight from Samoa, never thought I would play NRL.”

His debut in the NRL not only highlighted the potential of the youngster but he also became the fifth Victorian to play for the Melbourne Storm. The outside back progressed through the club's junior academy system which saw him play in the team's SG Ball Cup and Jersey Flegg system.

The club have an option on the youngster for 2025 according to The Courier Mail, however the publication reports that they will begin contract negotiations to lock him up for a longer period of time.

“I've got one more year and I would love to stay at the Storm,” Fa'alogo said via The Courier Mail.

“They are the best club with the best culture.”
🤞
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxXWgWqxejx ... BiNWFlZA==

We have signed a 19 year old guy called Levi osei
Looks like his from South Africa possibly …don’t know much more about him

Edit he is a second rower been in our 21s squad this year only played a few games though
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:31 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CxXWgWqxejx ... BiNWFlZA==

We have signed a 19 year old guy called Levi osei
Looks like his from South Africa possibly …don’t know much more about him

Edit he is a second rower been in our 21s squad this year only played a few games though
I think he played two games for Ghana last year in the Middle East Africa Championship.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jayden Nikorima is leaving the Storm.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Expected
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh