Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do we have a roster spot for anyone though?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:41 pm Do we have a roster spot for anyone though?
Can Ieremia be “de-activated” due to his season ending ACL ? Won’t be back in 2023. I don’t know the answer Mattpoet ….but geeez Noafa looked solid on a wing for Storm last year.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just thought I would post my best former Storm 17 who played at least one game for Melb still in the NRL list:

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brenko Lee
4. Paul Momirovski
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cooper Johns
7. Nicho Hynes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Tino Fa’asumaleaui
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane
14. Billy Walters
15. Jordan McLean
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Mark Nicholls

Funny when the media consistently mention the players Penrith have lost. Thought provoking stuff. Top four side, could it win it all?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:52 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:41 pm Do we have a roster spot for anyone though?
Can Ieremia be “de-activated” due to his season ending ACL ? Won’t be back in 2023. I don’t know the answer Mattpoet ….but geeez Noafa looked solid on a wing for Storm last year.
Storm wouldn’t do that they don’t cut injured players they back them to come back and play their best
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:41 am
Storm wouldn’t do that they don’t cut injured players they back them to come back and play their best
Agreed Sally....but I didn't mean Storm cutting Dean completely.

I just meant is there a provision in the salary cap process to move him out the "top 30" while out for 12 months and replace him temporarily as he rehabilitate his ACL ?

I thought there was some salary cap provision to bring in players outside the 30 listed FG players due to injuries ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:46 am
sallymay wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:41 am

Agreed Sally....but I didn't mean Storm cutting Dean completely.

I just meant is there a provision in the salary cap process to move him out the "top 30" while out for 12 months and replace him temporarily as he rehabilitate his ACL ?

I thought there was some salary cap provision to bring in players outside the 30 listed FG players due to injuries ?
There was another club, I think it was the Roosters were in a pretty much identical situation earlier this year. They extended the players contract to be top 30 in 2024 and put him back to development for 23, freeing up a space.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:29 pm Just thought I would post my best former Storm 17 who played at least one game for Melb still in the NRL list:

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brenko Lee
4. Paul Momirovski
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cooper Johns
7. Nicho Hynes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Tino Fa’asumaleaui
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane
14. Billy Walters
15. Jordan McLean
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Mark Nicholls

Funny when the media consistently mention the players Penrith have lost. Thought provoking stuff. Top four side, could it win it all?
Top four? Sort out the number 8 and it's Premiership material. (Great idea for a list)
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:51 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:29 pm Just thought I would post my best former Storm 17 who played at least one game for Melb still in the NRL list:

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brenko Lee
4. Paul Momirovski
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cooper Johns
7. Nicho Hynes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Tino Fa’asumaleaui
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane
14. Billy Walters
15. Jordan McLean
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Mark Nicholls

Top four? Sort out the number 8 and it's Premiership material. (Great idea for a list)
Could swap the 8 for Max King. He has had a decent 12 months at the Dogs.

The other potential is swapping Walters for Kurt Mann
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bennett and the dolphins have made NAS a huge offer to join them
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:54 pm Bennett and the dolphins have made NAS a huge offer to join them
I remember when NAS was exiled due to vaccination status and Jesse basically said Nelson is ignoring his calls - I hope thats a sign that they arent on great terms.

Also, Tripp would move heaven and earth for Nels.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

STORM IN BOX SEAT TO RETAIN NAS

Melbourne are growing increasingly confident that forward powerhouse Nelson Asofa-Solomona is ready to commit to the club.

Asofa-Solomona, off contract at the end of the year, has been the subject of a big-money bid by the Dolphins.

He has also been in the sights of rugby union, both in Australia and across the Tasman. However, the Storm believe that big Nelson is on the verge of committing his future to the club in what would be a huge boost.

This was in the paper today in NSW. This is the same paper yesterday that said Dolphins had made a huge offer that Storm can't match and were confident of getting him.

Twenty four hours to do a complete U-turn or do they make this stuff up.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS is a big family man his whole family is in Melbourne…why would he leave …

also he posted on Insta he was sick of all the attention and wanted to go hide in nature back to his roots

Whatever that means
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:45 pm STORM IN BOX SEAT TO RETAIN NAS

Melbourne are growing increasingly confident that forward powerhouse Nelson Asofa-Solomona is ready to commit to the club.

Asofa-Solomona, off contract at the end of the year, has been the subject of a big-money bid by the Dolphins.

He has also been in the sights of rugby union, both in Australia and across the Tasman. However, the Storm believe that big Nelson is on the verge of committing his future to the club in what would be a huge boost.

This was in the paper today in NSW. This is the same paper yesterday that said Dolphins had made a huge offer that Storm can't match and were confident of getting him.

Twenty four hours to do a complete U-turn or do they make this stuff up.
Glennb they just make stuff up.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson's post about gratitude with a photo of aami park with a rainbow is proof enough to me that he is staying
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS EXTENDS TO THE END OF 2027. Source is Storm FB page.