Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t know how much it matters right now but with Harry Grant now signed with the West’s Tigers and Paul Momorvski signing with the storm I’ve now heard Storm just signed Aaron Booth as cover for the 9 position
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently we have agreed to terms with Justin Olam for a two year extension.

Well deserved. JO has developed nicely and is now a solid threat with the ball in hand, and without. Really proud to see him get to this point.

Like the rest of the young guys though, some regular games would be ideal to continue that development.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 pm Apparently we have agreed to terms with Justin Olam for a two year extension.

Well deserved. JO has developed nicely and is now a solid threat with the ball in hand, and without. Really proud to see him get to this point.

Like the rest of the young guys though, some regular games would be ideal to continue that development.
Good, positive news in a time of uncertainty.

Jussie has been a powerhouse for a while now in both offense and defense.

That's not to say there aren't areas of his game that need improvement...but yeah, regular game time will definitely help.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he's got the chance to peak as the best centre in the comp. His development over the back end of last season was nothing short of incredible.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Suli is about to backflip on the super rugby deal to stay at storm
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:38 pm Apparently Suli is about to backflip on the super rugby deal to stay at storm
If this is true it is very interesting, maybe a result of the, from what I'm hearing, the dire financial problems of the ARU?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The ARU were in massive trouble before the COVID-19 issue even started. Anyone about to commence a contract with them would be (and should be) extremely nervous.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So Young wants to come back to the NRl with Melbourne be preferred. Is he worth it?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 482918799b
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HELL YEAH...have you seen him lately...he has been training with Richie Kenner at a gym in broady with other guys looks f***king fit af
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No thanks
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Young for your previous service to the Club...but it's a no from me.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:37 pm So Young wants to come back to the NRl with Melbourne be preferred. Is he worth it?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 482918799b
Young Tonumaipea has signed a train and trial contract with the Gold Coast Titans.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Actually so annoyed at this ...I really thought he and storm would be loyal and sign him

Good luck to him and I hope he does well

Also how cool is it a North West Wolves and Northern Thunder players are now playing together (in this case just training) at the titans
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I believe our salary cap is tight. Also, Chambers is back because of the closure Japan Rugby League. He has been at Aami Park. Rapana is back the raiders because of the closure. Wonder what will happen will Chambers.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think many will share my thoughts on Young T, he has his head screwed on properly and is a great role model.. but even pre-mission he was borderline FG quality when compared to the rest of the Storm squad.

Now we have Sandor Earl who fills Young's role in the squad. Again, another great player to have around from a morale point of view but probably not quite up to the rest of the squad's standards. Although currently the standard of our backline is slightly lower than previous years which gives him the edge.