Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 pm Do you know which other Thunderbolts are training with the NRL Squad @sallymay?

Heale Finau
James Antonio
Dean Ieremia
Iszac (Tinos brother)
And
Jack natapu

Are the ones I know of I think there were a few more but they all left together and couldn’t see their names on their shorts lol
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From what I hear Brenko lee’s partner is preparing to move to Melbourne in the new year ...interesting
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Winger Josh Addo-Carr will meet Storm coach Craig Bellamy on Monday and tell him he wants out of his contract. He is handling his own negotiations because he has parted company with his managers, Chris and Gavin Orr.

In Sunday Telegraph tomorrow - Buzz Rothfield
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 pm Winger Josh Addo-Carr will meet Storm coach Craig Bellamy on Monday and tell him he wants out of his contract. He is handling his own negotiations because he has parted company with his managers, Chris and Gavin Orr.

In Sunday Telegraph tomorrow - Buzz Rothfield
And the smoke continues to rise. I think I'm resigned to him not being here next year.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why bother coming back to Melbourne then...might as well just do it over the phone
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Make him honour his contract or sit the year out.

He shouldn’t be allowed to just walk out on his contract because he wants to double his salary in Sydney. This is the kind of situation where the new club should have to pay a hefty transfer fee.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:34 pm Make him honour his contract or sit the year out.

He shouldn’t be allowed to just walk out on his contract because he wants to double his salary in Sydney. This is the kind of situation where the new club should have to pay a hefty transfer fee.
Isn't this where the new club contributes or fully pays the new contract and thereby releasing salary cap space on the original club? Didn't the Bronc's contribute towards Crofts Storm contract? Part of me does agree to making him sit out, why should other teams benefit at our expense. Imagine if he went to the Rooters ::)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well he is back in Melbourne so only time will tell
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Fingers Crossed he is committed to the Storm
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:34 pm Make him honour his contract or sit the year out.

Isn’t he contracted 2020 and 2021 ? If so, sitting out 2 years would seriously damage his career.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You're right. He is signed until the end of 2021.

I would still advocate holding him to his contract. Which we are apparently doing, so good to hear that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We should be able to trade JAC to a Sydney club and get back decent value. Instead he's going to be disgruntled for the season and we let him go 12 months before his contract ends and get nothing in return.

Also if he just wants more money this is a real shit and sad way for JAC to want out given everything Bellamy and the club has done for him.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pm We should be able to trade JAC to a Sydney club and get back decent value. Instead he's going to be disgruntled for the season and we let him go 12 months before his contract ends and get nothing in return.

Also if he just wants more money this is a real shit and sad way for JAC to want out given everything Bellamy and the club has done for him.
Good points.

A-C can leave Storm if the Club he is heading to can provide a more than comparable replacement.

And...if the reason is family, it makes some sense...but if it's coin as well......then that is a poor reflection on the bloke
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pmWe should be able to trade JAC to a Sydney club and get back decent value.
How? Are we going to get a rep quality winger at a comparable rate? Virtually impossible. The Tigers are being put forward as a likely home. Which of their wingers would constitute 'decent value' in any kind of swap deal. The best we could hope for is Nofoaluma and that is still a pretty ig downgrade. I doubt there would be much salary cap space saved in that deal also.
blazza18 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pmInstead he's going to be disgruntled for the season and we let him go 12 months before his contract ends and get nothing in return.
I'd argue we get nothing out of letting him walk. If every player unhappy with their salary could just walk out to sign elsewhere for much more, it defeats the purpose of having contracts in the first place.
Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pmAnd...if the reason is family, it makes some sense...but if it's coin as well......then that is a poor reflection on the bloke
Every player that wants to leave a club to take up a better pay day has 'family reasons'. It didn't worry him leaving in the first place. It didn't worry him when he was getting his first grade opportunity at the end of a classy backline. And it didn't worry him when he was signing a solid extension.

I don't think this reflects very well on JAC at all.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now apparently Tino has signed a $670k for four years deal with the Warriors. Confirmation yet to come on if it’s immediately or after next season.

What the bloody hell is going on!

I’m not a big fan of him so far but I know everyone else it so how did we let this happen!