Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

So with 5 backline positions available 1-5 we have on the books for next year:

Slater
Munster
Tonumaipea
Arthur's
Scott
Vunivalu
Addo-Carr
Ainsworth
Olam
Chol Chol
Chambers
Lafai
Kennar
Tumusa

14.. That's just off the top of my head, we are going to have a strong backline in reserve grade next year lol
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Isn't Blair staying?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Addo Carr only really looks good when his team has the ball and are 80 metres out. He has a lot to learn. Jury is still out on his attitude too.
Bellyache usually wouldn't even look at a player like him so he must see something.

Brodie Croft's game looks too similar to Cronk to partner them in the halves together. Could be wrong there but I think we need more a run first half beside an ageing Cronk.

Money looks more capable of playing 6 than Scott if we were going to throw one of our backs in there while Billy plays out his finals year.
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Inglis#3 wrote:Addo Carr only really looks good when his team has the ball and are 80 metres out. He has a lot to learn. Jury is still out on his attitude too.
Bellyache usually wouldn't even look at a player like him so he must see something.

Brodie Croft's game looks too similar to Cronk to partner them in the halves together. Could be wrong there but I think we need more a run first half beside an ageing Cronk.

Money looks more capable of playing 6 than Scott if we were going to throw one of our backs in there while Billy plays out his finals year.
Agree with all of this 100%.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft is similar to Cronk but outside of Hughes, none of the others have been playing or has played much footy in the halves. We'd be gambling on someone coming in and playing a different position on the run. We've done that before and it put way too much pressure on Cronk.

And I know it's hard not to put him straight back in but we really need to forget about Slater until he's actually back. Can't build a side hoping he's going to be there.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So Addo-Carr has basically said as soon as he can that he'll be back at the tigers. I say piss him off now and spend the money on someone who wants to be here. Addo-Carr has speed but nothing else. Defensively weak, terrible under the high ball, gets dominated in tackles far to much. Plus the bad attitude. Bellamy has got this one wrong
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Green has delayed officially deciding his future until the end of the season according to zero tackle
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/conte ... 44b425ec56

NAS NAS NAS NAS RESIGNED
ALSO
Kenny Bromwich
Chayse Blair
Mark Nichols
FELESE KAUFUSI

What a great morning
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great news, concerning that Kaufusi and NAS were only tied up for an additional year, hopefully that doesn't mean they plan on moving on after next year, hopefully we work on tying them down long term over the next 12 months. Well deserved for Kenny aswell, been awesome this year.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was under the impression that NAS had every intention of returning to union eventually. He probably wants to make Kiwis WC squad next year then head over to Union the following year.

Happy with all those re-signings, especially Kenny who is going from strength to strength. Would've liked Tumusa over Cheyse Blair (assume we won't be looking at signing any more outside backs) but we can't have it all our own way.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hate that we have to go through the waiting game for NAS again next year but it's great that we were able to hold off other clubs. Great reward for Kenny on his outstanding season. Hopefully Felise sticks around for more than one year too.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe the one year deals all are linked to Billy and what he decides to do.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Also I believe the Salary Cap for next year onward still hasn't been finalised yet :(
Kya
Squall
Squall

Freeze wrote:Also I believe the Salary Cap for next year onward still hasn't been finalised yet :(
Exactly....
Until the salary cap issue is resolved, players are holding off signing extensions unless absolutely necessary. (Excluding big names who can get TPAs)

NAS will reassess his future next year and whether he is likely to get a spot with All Blacks for WC or stay around a further few years.

I thought Kaufusi was already signed next year ?? but that certainly dents the theory that we would possibly release him to free up space.

Ecstatic to see KBrom resigned - has developed into a much needed player and thoroughly deserves his spot.

Also happy to see Blair get rewarded, has been solid for us and will help with depth.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes absolutely great news especially for Kenny