Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Cronk leaves at the end of 2016, Slater end of 2017 and Smith 2018. Just like how Bellamy envisioned it in a recent article.

Makes a lot of sense and the best possible scenario when it comes to the big 3 leaving. Again while it's going to be very tough seeing them finish up which is inevitable, on the bright side we'll have a shitload of coin to replace them.
oh yeah......a SHITLOAD of coin which will be 80% impressive in terms of signings compared to the LEGENDS they are replacing.

Time moves on....end of an era...a legendary era...but time and tide waits for no man......
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know there's absolutely no replacing the blokes that are leaving but the reality is and as i said you have to look at the positive at the very least we're in a good position in that we'll have a heap of money and have the best possible chance to try and minimise the loss at least as possible. Cameron Munster is a very good start i reckon...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:I know there's absolutely no replacing the blokes that are leaving but the reality is and as i said you have to look at the positive at the very least we're in a good position in that we'll have a heap of money and have the best possible chance to try and minimise the loss at least as possible. Cameron Munster is a very good start i reckon...
Nah Ice...I agree with you...it is an opportunity.

i was being POSITIVE to your comment..

We can NEVER replace Cam. Bill and Coops but 80% replacement is reality.

Across the whole park we will have a better mix in some ways.

either way...it is REALITY ..the time will come when my whole life in terms of Storm legends is replaced and we just have to cope.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ps..I am 47 but I will cry when one retires/leaves...let alone all 3...

I am steeled for the day but it will cut deep....
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just when I thought the South Sydney Storm had dissipated the Rabbitohs announce the signing of Hymel Hunt for 2016.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just think of the hangover when they all retire. Hope we don't turn into 80% of the rest of the teams. Can't see Bellamy hanging around too long either.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mackay Cutters have signed Shaun Nona.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had hoped for him that he was signed in the NRL or Super League
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Daily Crapagraph reporting Cooper is in deep negotiations with Dragqueens for 2017....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7695530108

If Coops does leave...well I suppose we should all feel eternally grateful that Storm managed to keep Cam, Bill and Cooper together for as long as they did...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't want him to leave but I kinda do as well...storm need to start bringing new players though otherwise all three will leave at the same time then we will just look dumb
Brian
Squall
Squall

Reebs and Johnsy had the correct policy with players.They would rather let a player go one year to soon rather than one year to late.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately quality, even promising halfbacks are rare these days. In our current squad, halfback is the position we are least likely to be able to fill with a quality replacement.

I'd love Cronk to stay but won't begrudge him for leaving. We have been very lucky to have him.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Unfortunately quality, even promising halfbacks are rare these days. In our current squad, halfback is the position we are least likely to be able to fill with a quality replacement.
I'm not so sure. Yes, quality halves aren't as easy to find as other positions but money speaks all languages and no doubt we'll have plenty of it to throw around for a replacement you'd think should the club decide to go down that route. The good thing about it is you'd think that Coops is the sort of bloke to be totally upfront with the club if he's made up his mind to go so it'll give us plenty of time to find a replacement.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Green and Munster wouldn't be the worst halves pairing to have while Drinkwater has a year of development in the QCup.
Rhino2009
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:I don't want him to leave but I kinda do as well...storm need to start bringing new players though otherwise all three will leave at the same time then we will just look dumb

What's the latest Cronk rumours, is he going to stay with Storm, move to NRL Sydney club or play in SL?