Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:On another note, I'm hoping the rumours about Duffman going to NZ aren't true. Seems like a shame for the club to let him move on after only just starting to benefit from the faith they had in him while he was injured.
Likewise it would be a shame if he just took a more lucrative deal after all the faith the Storm have shown in him.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just because the inevitable has happened other clubs will obviously look to sign Munster, it doesn't mean he's going anywhere and i'd be very very surprised if he does. I think it's fair to say there's no way in hell the club will let him out of his contract early and when it comes to negotiations to extend beyond 2017 there'll be plenty of cash there given Bill moves on then but i think the club will tie him up well before then.

From what i've read and what i've heard he couldn't be happier at Melbourne and even feels priveleged to do so. It was only just over 2 weeks ago he said this "“If the Storm want to keep me, I’m happy to stay down here. “It will be big shoes to fill when the big three leave, but we still have guys like Will Chambers, Jesse Browmich and Kevvie Proctor.

“It will be hard to ever replace the big three, but I’d love to help fill that void. “There is a lot of pride in the Melbourne jumper. If we stick together, there is a bright future for the Storm.”

Doesn't sound like a bloke who wants to go anywhere else anytime soon but that's just me....
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I spoke to Ben Hampton today and he said he isn't going anywhere and thinks Nona's staying too
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Panthers backrower / lock Adam Docker is being linked to Storm.

I actually quite like Docker as a player but he has had some injury concerns and do we really need another backrower?
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Panthers backrower / lock Adam Docker is being linked to Storm.

I actually quite like Docker as a player but he has had some injury concerns and do we really need another backrower?
I hope we don't sign him it would be a dud signing. All he does is occasionally put on a big hit.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dockers strengths are similar to Dallas Johnson. Could be the second coming. Don't know how he works in with Finucane who currently fills the tough no-nonsense roll but I like it of it happens.
Has potential and would be good under Bellamy.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eddy Tuilotolava who has come up through the Storm's Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Mal Meninga sides has signed a two year deal with Newcastle Knights. Eddy also played for SE Titans and Hallam Secondary College.

Disappointing to see Eddy leave Melbourne, wishing him all the best at Newcastle. Maybe Storm are snoozing when it comes to keeping local talent.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woooow good on him
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Matt Duffie signed with the Blues for two years. It will be a good deal for him.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep good on him. League tends to be a bit too tolling on his brittle body. Ideally he probably wanted to put on more weight as his league career progressed but some people just struggle to put on weight more than others.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maybe he could do what chambers did and return after his rugby stint. Shattered to see him go - we are slowly losing our u20s premiers
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

No Duffie, Mahe, Mann or Robinson. Who are going to be or outside backs.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:No Duffie, Mahe, Mann or Robinson. Who are going to be or outside backs.
the guys who Storm have lined up to buy will be our outside backs...

which is why these guys are going...because there is so little coin for them...

c'mon...seriously think about it.

If Storm really want to retain a player...they retain them.

this is list management....and obviously they have their eyes on some other more suitable candidates (at least perceived as more suitable by the Club)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1.slater
2. Koroibete
3. Chambers
4. Munster
5. Vunivalu

Back to flying fijian wingers.
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:No Duffie, Mahe, Mann or Robinson. Who are going to be or outside backs.
1. Slater
2. Tonumaipea/Vanivalu/Tumusa/Kennar (One of these 4 are capable)
3. Chambers
4. Munster
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Asofa-Solamona
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. K.Bromwich