Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Looks like both players that left for the Rabbits are not able to play.wow storm are good at weeding out the crap lol
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rumour has it Dale Finucane might break his contract with the Bulldogs.

He's apparently been spotted in Melbourne - would make a great starting lock for the club in my opinion.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote:Rumour has it Dale Finucane might break his contract with the Bulldogs.

He's apparently been spotted in Melbourne - would make a great starting lock for the club in my opinion.
Now this is one rumour I hope comes true...

Finucane is a beast and would some serious grunt to our emerging pack
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SMH reporting that Finucane is likely to sign with us next week.

Fingers crossed this happens. Finucane was huge for the Dogs last year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really hope this is true. Would be a very good signing by the club.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a done deal: http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/conten ... rs_st.html
Finucane bolsters Storm pack
melbournestorm.com.au
Thu 18th December, 11:30AM

Melbourne Storm has further strengthened its forward pack with the signing of powerful Canterbury forward Dale Finucane to a three-year deal.

Finucane, 23, is a 188cm, 104kg lock / back-rower, who played 27 games for the Bulldogs last year, including his side’s grand final loss to South Sydney.

It was Finucane’s second Grand Final appearance since his debut in mid-2012. He has played 66 NRL games for the Bulldogs – missing only one game since his first-grade debut.

A former Junior Kangaroos star, Finucane, originally from Bega in NSW, will add more punch to a Storm pack boasting New Zealand internationals Jesse Bromwich, Kevin Proctor and Tohu Harris.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said: “After losing Bryan Norrie to retirement, we’ve been on the look-out for a player that can make an immediate impact in the middle.

“Dale is an ideal replacement and the type of player we like at Storm. We actually spoke to him a few years ago about a potential move so I’m glad he’s finally made the decision to join us.”

Finucane said: “It was a difficult decision to leave the Bulldogs. They’ve been a tremendous Club but I’m delighted I can continue my career with Melbourne Storm.

“It’s a new challenge for me and I’m looking forward to learning more from Craig and meeting my new teammates in the New Year.”

Finucane will join his new Storm teammates for pre-season training after the Christmas holiday period.

Storm players will break for Christmas on December 22 and return to training on January 5.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Justin O'Neill has signed a two year deal with the NQ Cowboys.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2014/12/ ... signs.html
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does this mean we have cap space for one more player?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe but I Doubt it....I heard a little rumour one of the four guys who came down from qld from the Falcons and Tigers might get offered something...I only know Tommy butterfield was here for a few weeks so I'm not sure has impressed Craig
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Billy Brittain (coolest name ever) has signed with us.

But I have a question about Munster. At storm Hq I was complaining about direct debit from my account and showed I has not ticked the box consenting about it.

The lady admitted someone lima lima lima duck up and instantly said it was Munsters fault when he was an intern. She then said she was glad he's gone up north and not with us anymore.

Has he actually left us or just up north for our feeders?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His in our nines squad...unless something's happened in the last two days then he is with us.

If anything she proberly meant now his in the full time squad he can't work for the storm meaning when he was with the 20s he worked for them part time

At least I hope that's true
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, it wouldn't shock me if we had to let one of Mann or Munster leave after this season. Specially if we keep Slater around.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so the rumour is Billy is re signing for 3 years pushing Duffie and Mann out...Franks gone crackers

sacrificing Mann to keep Billy who is 31 and has bad knees sigh

I want to be happy about this cause I love billy but it also just makes me angry and pisses me off

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/billy-sla ... orm-16337/
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yep I agree, if we lose Mann or munster for slater, it's time for new management..
storm77
Squall
Squall

Actually we don't know how much he is getting paid.
If he takes a pay cut, as he should be willing to at this point in his career, then I have no problem with this.
If he want's his usual salary then we shouldn't be re signing him.