Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know he only originally only signed for one year but haven't heard if he was offered another contract since then.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im assuming anyone not in the tribute video is staying
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

could be undecided though
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

My mail is Justin o'neil has signed with dogs n storm r happy to release him.. See what happens
Kya
Squall
Squall

I would hate to lose Juzzy but I can understand if we did release him, but it would be a shame because we have put a lot of development into him.

However he has been plagued by injury every single year much like Duffie. The surprising thing is we signed him till end of 2016 so it would be interesting for club to release him so early on.

This is unlike letting Sisa leave, who I think Storm realised could get a better deal elsewhere and to be honest, I think they feel like he has done the job they wanted to do but we have enough kids to develop who could be taking his spot. (Munster, Kennar need FG experience etc)

If we keep Duffie, I would give him a 2nd tier contract and if he breaks down, it won't cost the club anything if he needs to quit. Considering he has been paid a decent wage for two to three years without much game time, I think it would be the only fair way for him to repay the club IF he chooses to play on
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

O'Neil never lived up to the hype that surrounded him at the club. Not a huge loss if true imo.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:im assuming anyone not in the tribute video is staying

I wouldn't assume that Sallymay there may be players who are a chance to stay at the Storm who may end up elsewhere. For instance Kirisome wouldn't have been in the package last year and he ended up leaving. Plus Tim Glasby wasn't in package and I am assuming he is still going to Cowboys.

I would be surprised if we let O'Neill go. I would have that he was first in line to replace Sisa on the wing. Unless Craig has confidence in the young locals like Young and Richie. It would be ironic if Sisa and Justin left at same time because there re-signing was reported in the same Herald Sun article.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:My mail is Justin o'neil has signed with dogs n storm r happy to release him.. See what happens

does that mean the Club actively shopped him around...or at least encouraged him to sing elsewhere given that he was still contracted until 2016 ???

If they don't see him getting much first grade time...then those $$$ could be handy elsewhere...

beautiful player to watch...but he is the original "Glass Man".....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok so I went to training today and spoke to Felise Kafusi and apparently he hasn't been offered a contract for next year...I'm confused really.....
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Ok so I went to training today and spoke to Felise Kafusi and apparently he hasn't been offered a contract for next year...I'm confused really.....
That doesn't make sense to me, he is young, has shown a lot of promise and we have lost a lot of forwards. Did Felise indicate whether there was still a chance we would offer him a contract or have we told him to look elsewhere?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forgive me but is Felise Antonio's younger brother?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bula yes he is...it's antonio Felise and patrick

Scooter I just asked him straight out are u staying and he looked at me and nuh I'm not...i was gonna ask more but he seemed abit angry after i asked so I left it

None of it makes sense really...we are losing forwards left right and centre and signed TLL then have Britt Kennedy Welch and Tautau ... They expect the upgraded 20s to play
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who is Tautau?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS likely to be promoted to top 25 next year?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet Francis Taulau sorry my iPad corrected the name...I've heard his been offered a contract for next year but not 100% sure