Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Wow
If true that would be awesome sallymay to snare Teo.
I think he is playing some great footy these days.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and how do you know that sallymay? have you extended your operations to stalking potential players as well as the current squad now lol?

as for what scooter said re: the season guide, that's exactly what i said in a different thread. i can only think that if it is wrong then maybe it was an educated guess on the part of big league.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Lol can I start a possible rumour....Ben Teo is here in Melbourne this weekend ... Maybe just maybe the QLD boys have talked him in to signing with the storm or at least having a look around the facilities

Or maybe he will sign with the rebels

Lol or maybe I'm just getting my hopes up
I'd love Teo signing with us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be a great signing... but you would think that he would command a decent wage which we likely cannot afford. I threw his name up before we re-signed KP on big money. We lose Hoffman sure, but a bunch of guys who recently re-signed would take up any savings there (Jesse, Tohu, Kev).
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Teo will definitely command a decent wage but with the salary cap increases in each of the next few seasons it maybe possible. Besides Hoffy's money we also would've saved a bit on Widdop and given we haven't really replaced anyone in that position who'd be on anything like that sort of coin then who knows if that money has been distributed yet elsewhere or not.

As an example i don't read too much into things like if we can't afford to keep Hampton then we have no money for anyone else. I think it might be more a case of the club only paying him what they think he's worth and not wanting to pay what others are prepared to which doesn't necessarily mean there's no money to spend on others.

As for any other players we're losing/letting go i'm sure the club has a plan in place to replace them and is working on it. There's still over a couple months left in this season and also the off season to boost the squad so there's plenty of time to do so. Whether it be Teo or someone else i have a feeling that we're going to pull off a real decent signing for next season.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:and how do you know that sallymay? .

Ben Teo on Instagram posted a photo from some bar in chapel st interestingly enough he was with thomas burgess and Dylan Walker all three posting the same pic...this morning only Ben photo was still there
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Offical news today

Tim Glasby to the cowboys

Sisa Waqa in a straight swap with Reece Robinson Canberra to Melbourne

Gutted in tears and sad
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow I'm shocked! Didn't see this coming.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Been rumours around for a few weeks now...almost the same amount of time Sisa has been off form...hopfully now it's settled he will play better
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Offical news today

Tim Glasby to the cowboys

Sisa Waqa in a straight swap with Reece Robinson Canberra to Melbourne

Gutted in tears and sad
I don't see this part mentioned officially anywhere... is there a link?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow! never realised Sisa was so old either. Approaching 30 and being somewhat inconsistent inform - Im not overly depressed hes going but hes a good character to have and can do some exciting stuff.

I just hope Makira can continue this for us as hes the 8 year younger replacement!

As president of SWAS I am unsure of the future of our group.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We in the news about Robinson coming to Storm? Also that is 6 players that have left, (7 if you count Rose) and we have signed one. Are we going to have enough players next year?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very disappointed that Sisa is leaving especially since he has such a cult following.

Perhaps Koro-mania will be running wild in 2015.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hasn't come out yet but apparently Reece want to be with his brother
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Hasn't come out yet but apparently Reece want to be with his brother
That's sweet... ;D

they can both play Reserve Grade together on the Sunshine Coast
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time