Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

unless someone else is on the radar. we need at least 3 if not 4 halves in our top 25 next year so we are covered with options in case this year repeats!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really confused about what the club is doing lately.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm just watching the English Super League on Foxtel, we should chase Pita Godinet. He was a solid backup at NRL level for the Warriors last year and he can play 6,7 or 9.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ben Roberts has signed with Castleford. This club has gone crazy letting go of both Walker & Roberts.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Ben Roberts has signed with Castleford. This club has gone crazy letting go of both Walker & Roberts.
And possibly Hampton...

Damn, was hoping we would be able to hold onto Roberts.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:Ben Roberts has signed with Castleford. This club has gone crazy letting go of both Walker & Roberts.
And possibly Hampton...

Damn, was hoping we would be able to hold onto Roberts.
Might not be the Clubs choice...

if Roberts is being offered stupid money by Castleford.....the Club may not be in a position to get near it...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also might mean they prefer to keep Hampton on the sort of money that would be required to keep him in Melbourne.

Who knows ??

How would we know ??

I'm sure Frank Ponissi knows...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roberts is at the Storm on a two year deal though, isn't he? I understand it to be, if he is going at the end of this year, it is the clubs decision. Happy for someone to correct me if I am wrong?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk and Blake Green are our halves atm. :lol: Really glad we re-signed Proctor.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:Roberts is at the Storm on a two year deal though, isn't he? I understand it to be, if he is going at the end of this year, it is the clubs decision. Happy for someone to correct me if I am wrong?
From memory it was only for one year. Could be wrong though.

Even last year he was looking likely to go overseas or to rugby before we signed him up so it's probably not surprising that he is leaving. It is disappointing though as he has done a lot to silence the fans that batter him from pillar to post.

Can't begrudge him going for money, he is nearly 30. Hopefully we continue to use him in the halves for the rest of the year
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Disappointed to hear Roberts has gone.
We must be the only team in the NRL under the cap
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM MAN wrote:Disappointed to hear Roberts has gone.
We must be the only team in the NRL under the cap
that's a product of 2007 - 2009..... :(
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whispers that we are one of the clubs in the running for Kurtley Beale, interesting if true.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't see that happening. It is unlikely that we could afford Beale, even more unlikely that he would switch codes so close to a World Cup.

I think we should be looking for a fairly young player who actually has experience in the halves. Not a fullback who we want to convert but a genuine half. Someone who is about 23 or 24 and can be groomed to take over once the big three are gone. Even Blake Green is barely any younger than them.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:I think we should be looking for a fairly young player who actually has experience in the halves. Not a fullback who we want to convert but a genuine half. Someone who is about 23 or 24 and can be groomed to take over once the big three are gone.
You mean kinda like Cody Walker? Seems to fit that description pretty well.... Or an actual NRL experienced young half?