Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That story hasn't confirmed he's gone just yet.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks like KP may be staying after all...
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

RLW Mole just tipped Proctor's re-signing with us is imminent.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:RLW Mole just tipped Proctor's re-signing with us is imminent.

so.....what you are really saying is....

KP has officially gone to the Raiders....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Mole's been a bit better this year than he has in the past with his 'scoops'.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:The Mole's been a bit better this year than he has in the past with his 'scoops'.
lol....sorry Inglis 3.....don't doubt you.....just 'avin' a larf @ the moles expense ;D
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That article seems to have retracted any mention of KP now. These lolworthy media outlets just continue to exude professionalism.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

News Ltd ::)
They never did tell the truth did they
KP backflip
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get wanting to shit on the media, but going off what reporters were saying on twitter all day it seemed like Proctor changed his mind every hour :lol:
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That link above leads to this headline;

'James Tedesco has signed a three-year deal with the Raiders but Kevin Proctor backflips'

Maybe we have paid a heap more than we should have? Back ended long term contract maybe? I'm glad he's apparently staying.... but, is he on crazy money?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Yep. Wise decision from the club not to break the bank on Proc just because we lost Hoffman. Well done.
Whoops... Spoke too soon? Hopefully this is the result of Proctor wanting to stay for much less than what Canberra were reportedly throwing at him and not us caving and getting close to matching that kind of $$$.

And yes, agreed. Real professional journalism today lads ::)

"Proctor does a last minute backflip after he was set to sign a lucrative four-year deal with the Green Machine before a sudden change of heart".

How is it a backflip if he hasn't signed or even announced where he is going? Scumbag Telegraph reporting, as per usual.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... n=Facebook

Club has officially announced his resigning.

I know you can't usually read into what players say when they sign contracts but the announcement quotes him saying "you can't put a price on happiness". From that I think you can assume that we didn't match Canberra's offer.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now I am happy. I never believe media until it is officially announced. Look at Cronk, Bellamy and Smith they were all going anywhere but Storm according to the media.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The important part in this is how much we've had to give him to stay. Little concerned over us paying more than we should have.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:The important part in this is how much we've had to give him to stay. Little concerned over us paying more than we should have.
Ditto. Although the below comments alleviate that at least a little. Hopefully it is not heavily backended.

---

Proctor said it was important for him to show loyalty to the Club that had been loyal to him.

“I’ve invested a lot of time into the Club and agreeing to terms is about me showing my appreciation to Melbourne Storm and repaying the loyalty they have shown me in the seven years I have been here,” Proctor said.

“My heart is with Melbourne, this is home for me and it would’ve felt weird to picture myself leaving the Club.

“In weighing up the decision, I just knew I would be happier here and you can’t put a price on happiness.”