Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm99 wrote:No idea why we would let go of garbutt but keep norrie!
I like the look of garbutt and it would be a shame to see the big fella go.
Plus he gains twice as much metres as norrie does and gives twice as much impact so don't see why we would let him go to keep norrie makes no sense at all.
Storm99...I think you'll find that blazza18 was "taking the piss" as they say in the classics...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... 8057525685

Benji wants out of union and wants to come back to NRL...storm one of 5 team who want to pick him up...not gonna happen
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not unless we can pay him peanuts (considering all the allergies these days not the best idea)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would bring some excitement to the team. He doesn't fit our structured play and he's a terrible defender. Can't see Bellamy being interested.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

our structured play is the reason we have been caught out so much. we cant handle ad-lib football played against us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wanted him yesterday not so much today
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rugby League Week are reporting that Kevin Proctor has flown to Sydney to hold "secret" talks with the Roosters.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Rugby League Week are reporting that Kevin Proctor has flown to Sydney to hold "secret" talks with the Roosters.
Not so secret then O0
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:
Scooter wrote:Rugby League Week are reporting that Kevin Proctor has flown to Sydney to hold "secret" talks with the Roosters.
Not so secret then O0
My thoughts exactly Big Jim.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And we know the mole is usually always right....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu, Hoffman and Proctor all off contract. RLW reporting we are struggling to keep all three (no huge surprise - We have all said as much).

Don't know what the club is thinking, but Tohu should be the priority. BIG question mark on the retention of Hoffy, as great a clubman and guy as he is. They would be wise to be very careful with the money made available to Hoffman and consider his role.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I think Harris is pretty much a done deal to stay and will be announced when they sure up a couple of other resignings.
Every time they talk about player retention at storm they seem to mention anyone and everyone who is off contract as a factor as to why they haven't signed yet.
Proctor is asking for big money and frankly if the amount he is rumoured to be aiming for is anywhere near true than there is no way we will keep him. Nor should we pay it.

While the big 3 take up a decent sum of our cap, all three have 3rd party deals especially Slater and apparently Cronk's was upgraded. ( which is understandable considering he signed for less money and since than has won a gf, a cc medal and dally m) but that isn't always the reason why we aren't able to keep players.

We have also signed Jesse B who is more deserving of big money than Proctor, but with clubs over inflating prices for players, we are in a situation where we don't have the room to pay overs for his services.
I would love for kevin to stay but i am happier to lose Proctor than Bromwich or Harris.

Hoffman won't be on big money if he plays on and I think he will have a "Robbie Kearns" deal, where he is working for the club after he retires, ( could be wrong but I get that vibe about his situation)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not too fussed in losing Proctor. I'm not sure what a good deal is for Hoffman. He's getting on but obviously is a big part of the club. Big call either way.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought he wanted to go to the Gold Coat because his girlfriend is having a baby and she is now living there. Sydney is nowhere near the Gold Coast. Also, seeing the Storm flew home Sunday night to be back in Melbourne for an extra day to recover because of the short turn around until the next game and the fact we are not playing that well, would the club really let him fly to Sydney. The club would let him talk to the Roosters and other clubs, but actually go to Sydney this week. I do not know if that would happen.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Hurrell is in melbourne for some talks.

If this is true I am not sure if he is what we need atm