Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Should give him a go instead of Hampton
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:Should give him a go instead of Hampton
+1...definitely worth a shot atm
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 6959548972

Rose want out...didn't see that coming
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible signing.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should've kept Vave damn it
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

FMD... It's been a handful of months. Suck it up, they are a 30min flight away and you see them every other week when the Storm play in Sydney.

Call me skeptical but I think there is more to it.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Honestly If a grown adult cannot handle living an hour by plane away from family than I don't really see the point in keeping him here. I don't think there is any more to it as it has been documented that even when playing in Manly he got back home as often as possible.

We have been pretty fortunate in the past with players not walking out so really while he may have added something to the side, it now means Moors or Weston should really be claiming that spot or else let Glasby / Garbutt cement the spot.
I really don't get why people go on about Vave, while he had potential he was lazy, injury prone and un disciplined.
Craig and the coaching staff have rewarded players in the past who have worked hard if he had done more he would have gotten a spot on the list.

In regards to Walker, if he wants to go because he can't handle the lifestyle than let him go as well.
He might have potential but the reality is you can't always look at the situation as a loss if they perform well elsewhere. If players are unhappy than they will never reach their potential in an environment where they feel unsettled. Sucks for us but than look at all the players who exceeded expectations with us compared to their careers elsewhere. We are very much on the positive end of that ratio.

We are in transition phase, our young talent is not ready for first grade especially with the spine spots filled with a few handy players...

This might give Romeolo and Roberts a chance to make the most of their opportunities while Mann and Munster develop.

We aren't playing great but the season is a marathon not a sprint and I honestly believe that unlike previous years where we have started well, dipped than finished either well or very disappointing as was the case last year, that there might be a slightly different strategy this year.

Of course we want to win every game but realistically that doesn't happen and at the back end of last year we looked disinterested even in the games we won, I might be completely wrong but I get the feeling the team might be prepared to grind out wins now and try and go on a streak of consistent form in the back end of the year.

Let's hope anyway.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All very good points Kya...well said... :thumbright:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Goodbye George ..watch the door don`t hit ya where the good lord split ya.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let this be a lesson to the Storm about buying Manly players in the future. They are not honourable people.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Neither George or Cody have been released yet so I think there may have been some overreaction on here. Having said that something is going on with George because with McLean and Weston suspended you would think he would come in.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 7915600673

So according to this article we re-signed jordie McLean (thought we had already

And Mitch Garbutt is proberly leaving
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay it doesn't necessarily say he is leaving but that he will receive a sizeable upgrade. It is a matter of whether we can afford the upgrade. I also notice the first club mentioned as being interested in Garbutt is South Sydney.

The article also mentioned we may make a play for Bulldogs wing / centre Mitch Brown. He would provide reasonable cover and experience in our back line and wouldn't / shouldn't break the bank. He has played over 100 games for Tigers, Sharks and Bulldogs.

The article says the Eels are set to sign ex-Souths recruiter Mark Hughes. It has a list of players he "unearthed" whilst at the Rabbitohs. One of these players is Jeff Lima. Surely signing someone from Wigan who had played 96 games with the Storm including a number of Grand Finals, is not unearthing. I would have thought the Storm unearthed him when we signed him from the obscurity of the Saint-Gaudens Bears in France (notwithstanding the fact he had played 2 games for Tigers prior to that).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Makes sense to let Garbutt walk when we have Norrie for another season. Rumours Knights were interested in him last offseason too.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

No idea why we would let go of garbutt but keep norrie!
I like the look of garbutt and it would be a shame to see the big fella go.
Plus he gains twice as much metres as norrie does and gives twice as much impact so don't see why we would let him go to keep norrie makes no sense at all.