Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How often has it been said that we've recruited washed out, no name, has beens and been proven wrong in the end? Time in the Storm system surrounded by great players, not nuff nuffs will bring the best out of anyone......Gawd I hope I'm right.
supercronk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Seriously these are bullshit signings. We get run over each year in the forwards and we buy two little backs.

Bellamy has lost the plot
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have big forwards Moors, Rose and Weston, Craig just has to play them. Unlike what he did with Moors and Vave last year.

Romelo is a reasonable signing, still reasonably young, has good utility value and is quite enthusiastic. He will be good to have around the group.

Not so sure re Roberts. He showed some promise at Bulldogs but showed nothing at Eels (that's not unusual though). At least the signing of these guys should mean Cam and Coop will get more rest over Origin period.

I would have thought we needed to sign an experienced centre not sure of Roberts' ability to play centre. Although Blair came to us from Penrith in similar circumstances.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

pretty sure roberts played a few games at centre for eels last year, he went alright too. be a back up centre/halves through origin
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6817931689

Cameron Munster has extended his contract to 2016 holy moly
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm just tweeted that there will be 3 re-signings at 9:30. Hopefully Jesse is one of them.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My 3 guesses are Harris, Hampton and Proctor. Or maybe Mahe. I have no idea :lol:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Bromwich 4 year extension. Munster 3 years and Griffin 2.

Massive news for the club in extending Bromwich. Thought we had already extended Munster's contract so at least it is confirmed now.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:So Bromwich 4 year extension. Munster 3 years and Griffin 2.

Massive news for the club in extending Bromwich. Thought we had already extended Munster's contract so at least it is confirmed now.
Hell yeah... Pumped we have kept Jesse and Cameron. I was resigned to the fact that we would probably lose Jesse. Very glad to be wrong, he is a star.

Griffin - Meh.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOOHOO about keeping Jesse.I don`t think he would`ve looked as imposing in gay blue as he does in Purple. :swav: :swav:
storm77
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:WOOHOO about keeping Jesse.I don`t think he would`ve looked as imposing in gay blue as he does in Purple. :swav: :swav:
If you were going for irony there....Well done.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

love that jesse signed, i thought he would have been thrown huge money at a drowning club in sydney.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm hearing Proctor is being chased by North Queensland.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Based on what I know I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:I'm hearing Proctor is being chased by North Queensland.
Will gladly do a straight swap for Taumalolo ;)

Obviously joking, Taumalolo is a star and will command big $ (whenever his contract is up).

Proctor does his best work in the set plays. Not a barnstorming runner, but his work as an optional runner, decoy and link man, is fantastic. Slater rightfully got a rap on Sterlo this week for his effort in the set plays run against the Panthers, particularly the respect from the defence he commands but Proctor was a key man in the right side tries as well.

Cronk's dummy inside to Slater then out ball to Proctor was great but Proctor still had some work to do to get over the line. Much like he did early last year when he palmed Inglis in the face on the way to another try.

In the Fonua try, Proctor was a great link man drawing the defence to him before turning and hitting Slater at the perfect time. Great hands and timing from Proc.

Hoffy is a workhorse on the left but Proctor's ability to chime into the backline plays are a big reason our right side attack can look smooth. Hoffy (as much as I love him) does not offer the same on the left.

Good luck to Proc if he moves on. Seems likely given our recent re-signings and other priorities.