Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Yea most experts tippin against us. I don't know if I'm wrong saying it but *lima lima lima duck* we get no respect from anyone these days.
Well let's give them something to respect I say...

Take them all down Storm...

No half measures.....no backward steps......no mercy.....no fear...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Does anyone know how ticket sales for the game are going ?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree no body gave us any respect last week and it has been the same this week. Everybody is saying how good the Knights were last week and because of the they are going to beat us. Is it just possible that the Bulldogs were bad!!! Last year's final series we beat the Rabbits and Manly and everyone was saying we only won because they both played bad. But not the story this year. We have the three best players in the game today but the Knights are a sure thing if you listen to all the media.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormfan2010 wrote:Does anyone know how ticket sales for the game are going ?
Stormfan2010 according to article I read today Manly and Sharks could be embarrassed because pre-match ticket sales for both matches are the same even though our tickets cost more. Plus the fact there are two Sydney teams playing compared to one Melbourne team v a NSW team although the article didn't mention this fact.

Saw another article with Manly complaining (what's new) about there is only going to be 20k at Allianz and Brookie can fit 20k so it should be at Brookie.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

makes me laugh that Manly complain about having to 'travel'. FFS it's not that far!

As for the Knights - they were great last week. We definitely need to turn up. They defended brilliantly and ground down the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs were frustrated by the Knights and then taken advantage of in the last 25. Big game
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

it is nothing new that we aren`t shown any respect. Last year was exactly the same. knights might have played well last week but the Vic Rep side could have beaten the mick anus led bulldogs team.We didn`t get beaten by rabbits last week, we got beaten by 2 inept refs.
I am 100% confident that Cammy will have the team fired up for this one and I know the crowd will get my CHAMPION TEAM home
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormfan2010 wrote:Does anyone know how ticket sales for the game are going ?
Might be ok - I just checked out ticketek to see what was offered up. Cat 2 is row T on level 3 as best avail. Also worth noting that the seating plan has changed, and the yarra end where the whole end behind goal line was originally a Knights area now has only 2 bays of Knights, with the rest being switched back to Storm.
Hopefully 22-25k
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

General public - Cat 1
Sea Eagles vs Sharks - Adult $70 Concession $60 Junior $55 Family $195
Storm vs Knights - Adult $95 Concession $85 Junior $80 Family $270

General public - Cat 2
Sea Eagles vs Sharks - Adult $45 Concession $40 Junior $35 Family $125
Storm vs Knights - Adult $70 Concession $60 Junior $55 Family $195

General public - Cat 3
Sea Eagles vs Sharks - Adult $25 Concession $15 Junior $10 Family $50
Storm vs Knights - Adult $40 Concession $35 Junior $30 Family $95

300% increase on some tickets. Horrendous.

Justification I have read from some of these Sydney-centric muppets as to how ticket sales can be comparable given the offensive price difference and two extra games in the Sydney game;

1. Storm are reigning premiers
2. Storm are playing at their home ground
3. Sea Eagles and Sharks are not genuine title contenders
4. Sea Eagles and Sharks are technically not playing at their home "ground"
5. It's a bastard of a trip for both Manly and Cronulla to get to the venue

Give me a break morons...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

STORM=CHAMPIONS and well worth watching.
seagulls and sardines =mediocre =just trying to get someone(anyone) to go to the game.
storm77
Squall
Squall

We are facing a lot of pressure tomorrow night.
Our dynasty to some degree is on the line.
Remember we haven't lost two games in a row in post season under CB.
We have reached six straight PF. (Not counting 2010 obviously).
We play to win titles. Not to make the finals or to get eliminated in the second week.
Alongside Hawthorn I don't think there is any team left with more on the line then us.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:We are facing a lot of pressure tomorrow night.
Our dynasty to some degree is on the line.
Remember we haven't lost two games in a row in post season under CB.
We have reached six straight PF. (Not counting 2010 obviously).
We play to win titles. Not to make the finals or to get eliminated in the second week.
Alongside Hawthorn I don't think there is any team left with more on the line then us.
Yes....big pressure.

High expectations.

The boys will do it though.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Reading on twitter 12,500 tickets sold :(
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Knights are going to play pretty negative IMO. Limit Slater's impact by kicking dead, they'll lay all over the ruck to slow Cam down and then try to roll us through the middle with the ball. Big test.
Rina
Squall
Squall

Storm's twitter account has been pretty quiet about crowds all week - expecting it to be pretty embarrassing unfortunately.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Knights are going to play pretty negative IMO. Limit Slater's impact by kicking dead, they'll lay all over the ruck to slow Cam down and then try to roll us through the middle with the ball. Big test.
Yep. Best way to overcome that sort of stuff is to dominate the middle. HARD running, find your front in the tackle, struggle to get to your feet, quick play the ball... rinse, repeat. Are backs are deadly but (usually) only when they are given the time and space to put on their set pieces. Unfortunately at the start of our games, our forwards haven't done the hard yards in recent weeks. And even when they have looked ok, we've turned the ball over far too easily.

If we can dominate the ruck, we will win.

The Knights back 5 are their danger men. Last game they destroyed us.