Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
staticash
Squall
Squall

Absolutely devastated...... time to play GTA5 until next season starts.
S.W.A.S
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:I worry we havent been planning for an infusion of young talent to reinvigorate the team.

Need a seperate thread but things like Cam playing less minutes, Norrie not being in the team (why was he re-signed), Hinchcliffe going back to the bench or moved on, Hoffman playing less minutes, Tohu playing more, K-Bro playing more etc, etc
Agreed mate. Gotta start bringing in the new and changing things up. Things got stale half way through the year and Bellamy didn't do anything. Some important decisions need to be made.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We need to add some more size and grunt to our forward pack next year, we need to be more aggressive!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thank you Storm for a season of more highlights than lowlights. I have enjoyed posting with all my fellow Bai Standers. I won`t say anything negative about my CHAMPION TEAM. They all tried hard tonight but it wasn`t our night.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How was Buderus not penalised for taking Slater out. Right in front of Cummins too. Refs are rubbish!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Devastated. Even more shattering knowing this was realistically the our last chance at winning another premiership for some time.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Love the Storm and all our long-serving champs. They have lifted the Storm continuously for so long and have had to endure some tough scheduling etc. this one being no exception. tbh I'm feeling a bit ripped off for our young guys...CB should've changed it up a bit when things were obviously not gelling from origin onwards, the inconsistency was there for everyone to see. Our 'big three' have only been on their game sporadically and that being the case why not try something different?
Cam hasn't looked happy for some time, Billy hasn't been 100% fit for how long? and if they're not on, Coops struggles. Hoffman was once so safe but since Origin has made an average of 2 big blunders every game. Our journeymen forwards have been dominated all season almost, with Billy & co having to pull something out of a hat more often than not to get us on the front foot. We have relied on them too much this year & this has been a common observation/ criticism. Our great start to the season was never going to last from Origin onwards but nothing was done about it. Plus, our outside backs weren't up to par a lot of the time, or at least consistent.
love the boys and CB but there was something seriously lacking this season. Energy (for sure), desire (seemed like it sometimes) and lack of ideas (often).
In saying all that, I'm immensely proud of all of them. To have had what has essentially been a longer season for Storm than any other club (and its not over yet for quite a few of them) they have excelled in getting this far. They probably feel like they've let us all down but they haven't
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bad luck boys. The first time in a long time I feel it's a season where we under-delivered. First time in the Bellamy era we were bundled out in straight sets in finals.

Not since 2005 have we lost in the second week.

Sadly, we deserved it. Knights who limped into the finals after an average season, smashed us tonight. They taught us a lesson in commitment and energy...and I think we've lacked both for some time now.

Letting teams get big leads before you turn up is not sustainable, and we got found wanting.

And Cooper Cronk...I hate to call him out, but I thought he had an awful finals campaign. With Widdop rusty he needed to step up but he looked panicky and lacked direction. I might be unfair, but his attacking kicks inside the opponents 20 was piss poor time after time.

I do think we can be competitive next year, but part of me thinks it is end of our era of dominance. Its lasted since 2006 so we've had a good run in many respects. What I'm really gutted about is the history books may show us getting only one premiership during this time. Manly have two, any be three. That does not sit well with me.

Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow, next week, next year...but it's definitely a season we've come up empty when we promised so much more.

Thanks for the effort and the many positive memories (mainly in the first half of the season!), but here's hoping for a better 2014.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

At the end of the day..........................
They played like a team of strangers
Made some dumb decisions
And didn't really deserve a win

See you all next season
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some really honest feelings about the team shared tonight. Very much one of the reasons why the bai stand is so good.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:At the end of the day..........................
They played like a team of strangers
Made some dumb decisions
And didn't really deserve a win

See you all next season

Ditto

They where somewhere else

See ya next season G
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Another good year done , pity it ended badly !
For so much of the year I watch us make bugger all metres with the ball and our opponents constantly making 60+ per set , how is this happening ? We just can't punch it up and through teams and in defence we seem to wait for the attack to come too us .
The comp has worked all our plays out now and everyone's using them . Time for new stuff and with a new 5/8 it may click again next year . We will still give it a good crack over the next 2 seasons !
A lot of Storm fans don't realise how good we've had it compared to other clubs , we don't know anything other than being the best (or very close) .
Well done to the boys and bring on 2014 !
Utha
Squall
Squall

Thankfully from my pov I still have the Hawks to look forward to next week. Hopefully they can do the business over Freo.

Still going to the GF. Of course, now I'm reduced to hoping that it IS Roosters v Rabbitohs, in which case I'll probably still have a ball.

I've taken out a Quad Pass again for next year. Whatever happens, come hell or high water, I'll always maintain my Storm membership. It does feel a bit like the premiership window has closed for now, but who knows what the future might have in store? At least I will always have 2012, and being there to see them win it.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The big 3! Well that was a very ordinary performance
From our so called big 3. What was
The kicking game from Cooper left a lot to be desired, despite the one he setup..liability billy lived up to his reputation of being error prone in big games. Onto Cam, as others have pointed out, his body language said it all, not interested.

I await the abuse for not being a try fan, blah Blah, roll on 2014
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a long and quiet drive home it was tonight.