Nick skinner

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i would like nick skinner from manly to sign with storm, i went to school with the big fella and played footy with him at south city bulls.. his a big unit and gets in and does his job, his off contract and he would be cheap.. i was going to send him a message on my facebook account to find out where he is at with what his doing for 2014 but cant remember my username or password cos i havent used it in years.. anyone else no who he is? and think this is a good idea? and by any chance no who his manager is? my guess is his dad dave who i also cant get a hold of.. i would just like him to get a chance.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattystorm when I saw Nick Skinner in the subject line I thought he is a Manly player. Apart from that I don't know much about him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol I've seen him on Instagram in the last few days on mad Monday with the nsw cup manly boys seems like a good guy
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i just emailed his old man to see what his doing for 2014, waiting for a reply.. yeah sal he is a good bloke you should hassle him to get on twitter lol
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fast as a back and mobile,Tooves had no idea who he was last year,very fast but average leg drive and little tackle break ability,call him spakfilla
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure he decked me in a footy blue once.

Apparently he's signed with Group 9, unless he chucks a Norrie haha.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah cut a long story short if he cant get a tier 1 contract he will be moving back to wagga to play park footy (group 9)
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

GROUP NINE

FOUR days out from a Group Nine premiership showdown with Albury, Southcity is celebrating the recruitment of a gun forward with a potent pedigree.

Bulls president Steve Jones yesterday breathlessly announced Sea Eagles back-rower Nick Skinner had been snared for next year.

Skinner was born and bred in Wagga, but has since built an imposing reputation with NRL clubs Canberra and Manly.

Despite an offer from the Sea Eagles, and interest from the Knights, Skinner will turn his back on the NRL to return to Wagga.

Jones yesterday revealed Skinner had “agreed to terms” with the Bulls on Tuesday night, ending weeks of speculation about the future of the imposing young forward.

“Obviously we’re thrilled to have Nick for 2014,” Jones said.

“He had been offered a tier two contract with Manly and Newcastle were also talking to him, but is happy to be coming back to Wagga.”

Southcity’s coup with Skinner came as the Wagga club ended negotiations with current Bidgee Hurricanes captain-coach Chris Bamford.

As late as last week it seemed Bamford was set to join the Bulls, but he has now decided to stay with the Group 20 club for another year.

“We (Southcity) did have discussions with Chris, but he has a two-year deal with Bidgee Hurricanes,” Jones said.

“He’s doing the right thing by honouring the contract.

“We would be prepared to talk to him maybe for the year after (2015).”

On a day of major recruitment news, Jones also revealed current stars Peter Little and Wil Merritt had re-signed for 2014.

However, English winger Shaun Ainscough was confirmed as returning to England and cutting ties with Southcity next year.

“Shaun has not ruled out coming back in 2015,” Jones said.

With Ainscough’s wing spot open, Jones declared teenage star Jack Lyons would be a perfect replacement for the English flyer.

“Jack is being chased by a few (NRL) clubs and if something comes off for him we won’t stand in his way,” Jones said.

“We’ll do the same for Nick Skinner and Jordan Shepherd, who has also signed with us for next year.

“If they get an offer we wouldn’t stand in their way.”

Setting a firm agenda, Southcity’s rash of signings puts the club in a formidable position before next year’s premiership, but leaves several other clubs lagging way behind.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story ... er/?cs=147