George Rose to play for Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

A few pies should do the trick to get gorgeous George down here.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Too fat. Too slow. No way.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wonder how he'd handle a tough Melbourne Storm pre-season. No doubt they'd want him to drop some of the weight. If he wants it, though, I imagine he'll end up being another forward who turns their career around here.

Do BLK make a jersey big enough, though?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Do BLK make a jersey big enough, though?
I imagine it will need to be custom made. The good news is that it can be recycled and used as a circus tent.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I cant really see him getting a game for the Storm but if Bellamy wants him and sees something in him ill back his judgement as I have with some other signings I thought were silly and had turn out great .
lets wait and see how it plays out...
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We really need another massive player after Jason Ryles' retirement at the end of the year. Although, George probably wouldn't be able to have as many pizzas and beer over the off-season year due to Jenny "Craig" Bellamy putting him through a typical Melbourne Storm boot camp before next season.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so none of you clowns will celebrate when George Rose scores a try or throws a try assist pass..

give me a break..

just grow up and understand that this whole system is about winning Premiership please.

Mr Bellamy wants more Premierships and if George Rose is part of that plan....more power to Mr Bellamy
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he would be a good signing for us (at the right price) if he gets his fitness up to scratch he could be a great impact off the bench as ryles has been for us!

Bellamy will get him going. And I rekon all the people on here that are not happy with him coming will be surprised. :-)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:so none of you clowns will celebrate when George Rose scores a try or throws a try assist pass..

give me a break..

just grow up and understand that this whole system is about winning Premiership please.

Mr Bellamy wants more Premierships and if George Rose is part of that plan....more power to Mr Bellamy
Far out. We don't have to like everything Bellamy does all the time.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storma01 wrote:I think he would be a good signing for us (at the right price) if he gets his fitness up to scratch he could be a great impact off the bench as ryles has been for us!

Bellamy will get him going. And I rekon all the people on here that are not happy with him coming will be surprised. :-)
This. Well said storm01.

At last .. ...a good dose of common sense.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most of us know what Rose will bring and if he all of a sudden feels like getting fit in the offseason he might be a nice value signing. But right now I like the youth movement we have and would rather see what we have in Garbutt and hopefully Vave off the bench with McLean.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Most of us know what Rose will bring and if he all of a sudden feels like getting fit in the offseason he might be a nice value signing. But right now I like the youth movement we have and would rather see what we have in Garbutt and hopefully Vave off the bench with McLean.

Yep...agreed Blazza...but you and I and 99% of peeps on this Board know that an NRL season is a long and grueling campaign.

Some front row experience in big games to complement our bright young stars could be a vital part of success in 2014.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We still have Norrie for that and Jesse has the experience now too. I don't see the point in getting a older player just cause we lose one. We have leadership everywhere in our side.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will support anyone who pulls on a purple jersey but at this point george rose is playing for moanly. If he comes to Storm and plays for us I will cheer his every tackle,every try assist, every charging run and any trys he gets. In Mr Bellamy I trust to get the best out of him and renew georgies enthusiasm for the game.