Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will play the Rabbits Friday night. Manly are going to loose to the Panthers because the do not want a five day break. The implied this last week and now they are playing like it. After the Titans milking game last night and Manly playing to loose today, I do not think anyone in the NRL can call Storm cheats any more. I bet Cherry Poppins will not be posting this week.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Didn't really look like they wanted to lose to me......yeah, they rested a bunch of players, and I do dislike manly, but to say they lost on purpose would be straight up retarded.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

They had 38 points scored on them Sunday afternoon at Brookvale. That doe not happen to often. I do not think they sat down at the start of the match and said lets loose, but I do think they did not put a much effort in as they could have. If they wanted to win the could have played a lot different, I bet they play a lot harder next week.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Qualifying Finals
G1 -Underground mutton V Storm - 7:45 Friday,(ANZ)
G3 KFC v Scared of short rest Eagles - 7:00 Saturday,(Allianz)

Elimination Finals
G2 Flake V TBC - 4:00 Saturday,(Allianz) currently looking to be NTL
G4 Puppies V TBC - 4:00 Sunday,(ANZ) currently looking to be TSV

Games Two and Three will be played as a Double Header, with tickets entitling fans and members entry into both games.

Further Match Details will be announced once opponents are confirmed.

Info taken from NRL site
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No doubt they'll play harder next week...it's just they weren't bothered what position they came, and felt it was an opportunity to rest players - I doubt the storm coaching staff were bothered by 3rd or 4th either, it was just that they didn't want to rest anyone.....and rightly so after the week before. I reckon they did themselves a disservice by resting players anyway, they won't beat the roosters next week, but they will win their following match.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Commentators said on fox that moanly were tired after playing Storm last week that is why they were a bit flat. brandy custard said last night that the milky knocked the ball out of Billy`s hands and if he says it then it is true cos he never agrees with any decision that goes in Storm`s favor.If it had been Luke Patten as video ref he wouldn`t have paid it. I don`t think there was any obstruction in Billy`s try. George Rose is retiring at the end of the season and he is off to be the side screen at the SCG.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A great result for us IMO. We have a real good shot at knocking off the Bunnies and then looking down the barrel of a home Prelim.

Inglis's knee is still not right and even when he is fully fit, Bellamy has proven multiple times that he can shut him down.

Take our enthusiasm and defence from the Titans game into next week, fix the errors and penalties and I am confident we will go very well. Pumped for next week!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't care who we played as long as we get a home prelim. Time to wake up boys and bring home another title.

Real footy begins this Friday. Can't wait.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching the game we all said the same, it didnt look like Manly were putting in 100% and didn't want the short turnaround and who could blame them.

I'm happy to get the Rabbits and will be brilliant if we can jag a home prelim.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ?
Just gotta watch on Friday that the 'officials' don't fall for Sutton n Co working on their academy award routine ::)

Let battle be joined & the best on the day get a fair victory.Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would rather play Souffs as we would have been flogged by the Goosters based on last nights showing. Someone needs to be nominated to get under the skin of Burgess and heckle him out of the game.

The pressure is telling on Souffs and I think we will smash them. And does anyone else think Freddie is rooting Mrs. Burgess?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:I would rather play Souffs as we would have been flogged by the Goosters based on last nights showing. Someone needs to be nominated to get under the skin of Burgess and heckle him out of the game.

The pressure is telling on Souffs and I think we will smash them. And does anyone else think Freddie is rooting Mrs. Burgess?
Hinchy and Proctor usually have the job of niggling the opposition, I assume they will have the same job on the squirrel, I mean Burgess.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers did well last time, without doing much at all (other than playing his normal game). Anyone remember Burgess knocking on in a play the ball then getting pissy and throwing the ball at Chambers who was clapping?

Easy target for a rile up.
Last edited by yourhero on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This will be a win.

South's halves dont react well to there time being cut down,especially Reynolds.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:This will be a win.

South's halves dont react well to there time being cut down,especially Reynolds.
Yep, this. The game plan will be to shut him down and if you do that you go a very long way to beating Souths. That said we still need to improve a fair bit on our last two weeks.