Finals week one

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

late mail

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Maurice Blair
5. Justin O'Neill
18. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange
14. Jason Ryles
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jordan McLean
17. Kenny Bromwich

The five-eighth will replace the injured Brett Finch who was given every opportunity to play in tonight's match but the injury sustained last week against the Titans has kept him out.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

GOOD LUCK TO OUR CHAMPION TEAM.THE MIGHTY MELBOURNE STORM :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good luck to Gaz - get yourself a premiership!

I hope he can somehow get into that same kind of form prior to the injury, when he has confidence in his running game - without the indecision, he can be hard to stop. Love the bench, in fact 1-17, love it all!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shayne Hayne living up to expectations.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wonder how much money Crowe has put in Hayne's account. Some of these calls are a bloody joke
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

THIS GAME IS RIGGED!!!!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Everything we apparently did in the first 20 minutes, Souths did in the next 20 mins and then some but we still aren't getting the calls. We should have around 10 penalties in the first half. And if Waqa was a Souths player, Shane Hayne gives that a try.

That said, we've been terrible.
Last edited by blazza18 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gus is reinforcing what a few of us were worried about with Widdop playing after so long on the sidelines, a certain try bombed there though to be fair he's been guilty of not passing and going it alone on many occasions in the past when he was fully fit. Lets hope he finds a bit more rhythm in the second half as well as the rest of the boys cos god knows we need it. Terrible reffing but no surprises there seeing as who's in charge.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ch. 9 'so are we going to do this calls against the storm thing? ...so no?.... thats 100% no?... ok' paraphrasing, but that's no surprise

and yeah, there have been some terrible decisions
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shayne Hayne - take a bow you chump.

How the f*ck does he send the Waqa try up as "No Try"? I'll answer that question myself, because he is a biased f*cking cheat.

I also notice Gus and his merry band of Sydney loving men, defend S Burgess for taking out a Melbourne player after a line break. No screaming for the sin bin like when Cronk took Boyd.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop is rusty but he rarely makes the correct pass in the right situation. Always has been a better runner than playmaker. He needs to see the gap and trust himself.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

how can shame hayne say it wasn`t a try when he was behind Sisa and couldn`t see the the grounding. Yes shame hayne is living down to his expectations. iasack luke is a real little dog,so many high shots on players when in tackles.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it defies physics for Waqa to NOT score that try. How could Hayne say no try? And how effen stupid is the ruling on video decisions this year? That was a deadset try, and I reckon common sense needs to come into play too. Perhaps if they'd have zoomed in on the shot they may have seen the ball on the turf.
FFS I had a VCR in 1986 that could freeze frame and zoom in better than they can!!!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Gus is reinforcing what a few of us were worried about with Widdop playing after so long on the sidelines, a certain try bombed there though to be fair he's been guilty of not passing and going it alone on many occasions in the past when he was fully fit. Lets hope he finds a bit more rhythm in the second half as well as the rest of the boys cos god knows we need it. Terrible reffing but no surprises there seeing as who's in charge.
Yep, he always played with the blinkers on.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Widdop is rusty but he rarely makes the correct pass in the right situation. Always has been a better runner than playmaker. He needs to see the gap and trust himself.
Even the worst playmaker in the comp would have given the ball to Waqa for a simple try. It was almost identical to the try Hoffman scored against the Eels off Finch. Horrible, horrible ball playing.