NYC, SG Ball, Harold Matthews + Scholarships 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Luther
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:Any whispers about who our new NYC coach will be?
All I know is his first name is Matt I think...from NSW countryside and used to coach either Canberra/Penrith-this is all from an u20 player's mouth :)

This would be my u20 squad btw

1 Cameron Munster-breaks line at will with footwork,pace and great instincts on offense/under pressure, big boot= fullback
2 Junior Kirisome- this kid impressed me in sg ball last year,very strong and so much pace- probably the quickest in the squad
3 Niua Puaka - was key in backline offense last year, underated in my opinion-will add invaluable experience to a fairly fresh young backline
4 Reubenn Rennie- slick footwork, incredible strength, has a great offload-him and Kirisome were dangerous together in SG-lets see how they go in Holden Cup
5 Josh Kerr- this kid has plenty of pace and is the best in the air, safe option to kick to for 5th tackle-toss between him and Vunivalu for wing spot.
6 Aaron Teroi - played well for SG Ball last year, Holden Cup should bring the best out of him if he handles it well.
7 Billy Brittain
8 Matthew Lodge -
9 David Leapai - signed him for hooker, hope he has the goods
10 Christian Welch
11 Dean Britt
12 Nelson Asofa-Solomona-iv seen him play a few games- this kid is the next SBW, offloads at will, plenty of aggression, will thrive playing with Pride & Rennie.
13 Pride Petterson-Robati

14 Rhys Kennedy
15 Alex Barr
16 Eli Vole - Powerful ball runner, will provide plenty of energy off bench.
17 Sheldon Pitama/ Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad- whoever impresses the most in pre-season out of these two I guess
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think Kerr is coming down until 2015. Vunivalu will be first winger picked considering how hard we went after him.

AIS tour update.
AIS 78
TRIES : Callen Edwards 3, David Sheridan, Richard Munchow, Charnze Nicol-Klokstad 2, Tom Satterthwaite, Shem Veoa, Beau Parry, Braydon McMahon, Max Elliot, Chanse Burgess,
GOALS : Aaron Booth 5, nick Millar 3, Tom Satterthwaite
West Coast 6
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another player for our NYC Squad. Billy Kitt a halfback who played for Western Suburbs Magpie SG Ball team in 2012. And played a couple of game for the Knights last year.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Richie Kennar was going on a Mormon mission. How come he is doing pre-season?
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dean Britt , Rhys Kennedy. Matt Lodge named in NSW 2014 Under 20’s Origin Pathway Camp.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From my original post Alex Barr is at the Broncos. Noel McLean is no longer on contract.
New to the team Joshua Minhinnick from NZ. A Winger/Fullback from Auckland Grammar. Best Back 2012 National Secondary Schools.Fullback 2012 National Secondary Schools Merit Team. 2010 U15 Merit Team.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Damn it do we know where the SG ball and HM are playing their home games yet....I've been waiting forever and no one seems to know...all the training and stuff has been at strathmore but I heard games could be played at goshes or Casey or even where the north west wolves play...I'm getting impatient surely someone knows
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the information Fizer. The Storm have been a bit slack with information about our junior teams. They haven't even announced the new NYC coach.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Thanks for the information Fizer. The Storm have been a bit slack with information about our junior teams. They haven't even announced the new NYC coach.
Luther wrote:
Scooter wrote:Any whispers about who our new NYC coach will be?
All I know is his first name is Matt I think...from NSW countryside and used to coach either Canberra/Penrith-this is all from an u20 player's mouth :)
Pretty sure its Matt Adamson as there is a profile picture of him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Fizer. Adamson has a lot of experience as a player. Hopefully he can impart that knowledge and experience on to our NYC boys.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Going to be a really good team this year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Under 18s (SG Ball) and Under 16s (Harold Matthews) are playing Easts Tigers junior teams today at Gosch's Paddock.
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... -off/89763

Melbourne Storm and Easts Tigers junior teams will face off in trial matches this weekend with both clubs preparing for the 2014 season.
The U16s will tackle each other at 4pm on Saturday 1 February before the U18s kick-off at 5:30pm. Both games will be played on Gosch's Paddock with Easts Tigers players and officials to be given a tour of the AAMI Park facilities prior to the afternoon's matches.
This will be the first time Melbourne Storm has played against feeder club Easts Tigers at junior level.
The trial matches will be the first hit out in Storm colours for a number of Melbourne's new U20 Thunderbolts who are still eligible to play in the U18 SG Ball competition in 2014.
Luther
Squall
Squall

U16 beat East Tigers I think the score was 32-18 not sure, but boys played well-already seeing a BIG improvement from last year's team that lost every game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I went today it was actually really good except I got burnt lol

The 16s played really well the need to work on their defence on the left hand side

The final score was storm 8 try's to 4 all 4 of the storm try were on the left hand side

The 18s played well but there was ALOT of dropped balls final score ended in a 16 all draw