Storm vs Titans 4/9 AAMI park 530pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wanted to add, does anyone else want Tohu in the centres all the time? No? Just me?

I thought I was watching Jonah Lomu at one point, he stepped, he ran hard, he bulldozed their backs - put number 4 on his back next year! :P
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:We will be chicken feed on Saturday. Won't win with a display like tonight!
I am really hoping for the Panthers to upset the scum... I much prefer our chances against ball grabber and co.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Wanted to add, does anyone else want Tohu in the centres all the time? No? Just me?

I thought I was watching Jonah Lomu at one point, he stepped, he ran hard, he bulldozed their backs - put number 4 on his back next year! :P
Absolutely! Haha... Kinda what I was eluding to earlier in this thread. He is strong out wide. With some space, he is too big and too strong for most centres in the game. Loved seeing the big man out wide ;D
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

shame hayne is an atrocious ref. he missed so many high tackles on Storm.taylor and bird are just dirty thugs.the titans new name will be the milkmen as they tried to milk so many penalties all the game.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Titans are set to sign a new sponsorship with Strawberry Big M. Strawberry because it is pink which is a girl's colour and milk because as Stormy noted they were milking everything. Oh sir he tackled me I have to lie on ground for five minutes. That should not be a surprise based on Zillman's milking in our first game this year.

Having said that the Titans disallowed try was rubbish. The Titan touched Billy's arms not the ball.

And Tohu looked great at centre.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So if Finchy has injured his shoulder / sternum it is unlikely he will play next week. So Gaz getting through today's game becomes a necessity rather than a nice surprise.

If Gaz doesn't get through today and Finchy is out. I think we will see Blair at 6 and Sa'u at centre. Or possibly Blair at 6, Harris at centre and another big bopper on the bench (Vave, Moors etc). After last night maybe that second option is more appealing. Fingers crossed Gaz gets through and Finchy isn't that badly injured (although Finchy looked pretty busted on the lap of honour last night).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There will be so much pressure on Widdop today to get through the game ok. I don't think we can win the comp without him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:shame hayne is an atrocious ref. he missed so many high tackles on Storm.taylor and bird are just dirty thugs.the titans new name will be the milkmen as they tried to milk so many penalties all the game.
100% Stormy, Hayne is a biased, pathetic ref, there was bandaging on half our guys' heads - no high shots though apparently.

I thought I had visited a dairy farm, everywhere I looked, there was someone milking.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:So if Finchy has injured his shoulder / sternum it is unlikely he will play next week. So Gaz getting through today's game becomes a necessity rather than a nice surprise.

If Gaz doesn't get through today and Finchy is out. I think we will see Blair at 6 and Sa'u at centre. Or possibly Blair at 6, Harris at centre and another big bopper on the bench (Vave, Moors etc). After last night maybe that second option is more appealing. Fingers crossed Gaz gets through and Finchy isn't that badly injured (although Finchy looked pretty busted on the lap of honour last night).
i wouldnt mind seeing benny hampton get a run at 5/8 as well but those options are good as well, i just dont think blair is a 5/8
Brian
Squall
Squall

When did they take Voluntary tackles out of the game?
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That's a fair point - probably should have been a penalty to us on their line.

There was plenty of unchecked high shots and forward passes too...but that just seems the norm.

To be fair, their try, that was a try, was disallowed...so all is cool with me :P
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cartwright is the new bennet. :( :( :(
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Love this from Cartwright:
Asked about the call, a distraught Cartwright said: ‘‘It just cost us our season, didn’t it? I’m not a wealthy man, I’m not going to sit here and ... How he came up with the decision, I don’t know, I really don’t know. The refs on the field were shocked, the whole crowd were shocked. I’m emotionally drained. It’s heartbreaking. I’ve never felt like this, I don’t think, ever.’’
Of course it had nothing to do with the other 12 games they lost this season, no, no, just that one single decision. Here's a tip Mr Cartwright, become a better coach, win a few more games, then you don't have to rely on one decision costing you your season, and hopefully your job!!!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

...and another thing, even if they'd won last night they'd have still finished 9th.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol