Rd 25 storm vs manly brookvale sat 31/8 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, pretty sure it still wasn't winnable in the last 10 minutes though i suppose that depends on what you call winnable. It was 20-12 after Lyon scores at about 50 minutes or so and we won 40-12.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Manly were no chance that night. Weren't able to create any chances whatsoever.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly fans on social media - "It was 10 months ago! What a crock of shit! Just trying to derail us for the finals... Blah, blah, blah".

If he was stood down by the NRL immediately after the incident occurred, they would all be jumping up and down about being penalised before being found guilty. You love to have your cake and eat it too, don't you Manly fans! :lol:

Manly GM David Perry - "Since the incident, Jorge has shown unconditional remorse and regret, and has vowed to learn from such a setback".

:lol: Yep, he has shown so much unconditional remorse and regret that he vehemently denied it and pleaded not guilty :lol:

Perry is almost as much of a moron as Tafua.

The scum spat on a cop and in a drunken clutch at justification tried to claim racism by the cop.

Two weeks for assaulting a police officer is ridiculous by the way. Utterly ridiculous to the point of almost being comedic. But just ask the Manly fans/club, they will tell you how hard done by they are.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Typical scum fans "Woe is me everyone is against us" and my favorite "Nobody likes us we don't care" but as soon as you say a bad word about them they bitch and moan like there's no tomorrow :lol:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly can do no wrong guys. Geeze
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:Yeah, pretty sure it still wasn't winnable in the last 10 minutes though i suppose that depends on what you call winnable. It was 20-12 after Lyon scores at about 50 minutes or so and we won 40-12.
Well 15 minutes,i mean mathematically not a REAL chance,i stopped watching around the 73rd minute as it reminded me of that LAST time we got a 40-12 scoreline in lima lima lima duck melbourne
Ice wrote:Typical scum fans "Woe is me everyone is against us" and my favorite "Nobody likes us we don't care" but as soon as you say a bad word about them they bitch and moan like there's no tomorrow :lol:
I have no problem with the suspension,it gives him a well deserved rest and drunkness is a mitigating factor for footy players just as regular people,just a kid doing a dumb dumb thing,but dont let the truth get in the way of a good carve up

People think these kids are idols,the media makes them as such but really they are still just kids and while spitting on someone is vile its still better than bodily harm
blazza18 wrote:Yea Manly were no chance that night. Weren't able to create any chances whatsoever.
It wasn't Melbourne beating us,it was us being so inept in anything we tried to do that we deserved to lose,watch the game without the purple glasses mate,we beat ourselves stupid from the 1st lima lima lima duck minute and it was so frustrating

I'll take care of myself by the way
Inb4 "troll" allegations
Cherry you darned troll,i hate you so much,get a life and stop loving your club that isn't our club because your players do bad
things and all of that stuff but like the media only notices melbourne doing bad bad things,but everyone does them so melbourne
is like,superior yeah cause they do it bestest
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I say again. You lost. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU PLAYED BAD, HAD A CHANCE TO WIN, HAD PLAYERS OUT, PLAYERS WITH INJURIES. To win the game you much score more points. You did not score more points, so you lost, we won. Story over.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it's pretty clear. When Manly lose, it is because they are off their game/let themselves down... but when they win, it's because they are AWESOME and way too good for the opposition.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:I say again. You lost. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU PLAYED BAD, HAD A CHANCE TO WIN, HAD PLAYERS OUT, PLAYERS WITH INJURIES. To win the game you much score more points. You did not score more points, so you lost, we won. Story over.
So much angst over nothing,i simply stated we did ourselves no favors and gave ourselves no chance to win but you come out with this over the top stuff? Calm down you'll live longer,its just a man who goes for another teams honest opinion

I had a good feel about this game before the club removed Taufua,at Brookie with the crowd and the inclusion of Snake who was significantly missing in our last clash which was in the graveyard,i thought we had a reasonable shot

Now Cronk,Smith and Finch can pin us down our own ends without the rampaging runs of Jorge making our lives hell,my tip is unfortunately for me storm by 12 but it would not shock me if Hiku filled in marvellously and we got up either,wasn't the battle of brookie also round 25?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:I have no problem with the suspension,it gives him a well deserved rest
So even Manly fans acknowledge that it is not a punishment? Obviously timed well by the Manly club. A REAL punishment would have been actually missing a finals game.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:drunkness is a mitigating factor
It is NEVER a mitigating factor. Obviously numerous incidents over the past few years show that the Manly club completely disagree with me. Regardless of this being a Manly related issue, using alcohol as a partial excuse for abhorent behavior, is ignorant to the real issue, not to mention unintelligent IMO.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:but dont let the truth get in the way
You mean, don't let "excuses" get in the way ;)
Cherry_Poppins wrote:and while spitting on someone is vile its still better than bodily harm
You want to add a few more comments in an attempt to downplay an inexcusable, offensive act? Spitting on a cop shows a complete lack of respect for authority and an extreme level of arrogance.

He should be hit with a substantial punishment but no doubt Manly will help protect him, a'la Stewart.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

My CHAMPION TEAM will be ready for this game as they were in last years final against seagulls.The boys know what they have to do to win this game.
chez you can say what you like about the final last year eg that with 15 min to go you were still in it,seagulls were NEVER in that game.We were all over you like a rash,STORM were your worst enemies in that game not yourselves.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:I have no problem with the suspension,it gives him a well deserved rest
So even Manly fans acknowledge that it is not a punishment? Obviously timed well by the Manly club. A REAL punishment would have been actually missing a finals game.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:drunkness is a mitigating factor
It is NEVER a mitigating factor. Obviously numerous incidents over the past few years show that the Manly club completely disagree with me. Regardless of this being a Manly related issue, using alcohol as a partial excuse for abhorent behavior, is ignorant to the real issue, not to mention unintelligent IMO.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:but dont let the truth get in the way
You mean, don't let "excuses" get in the way ;)
Cherry_Poppins wrote:and while spitting on someone is vile its still better than bodily harm
You want to add a few more comments in an attempt to downplay an inexcusable, offensive act? Spitting on a cop shows a complete lack of respect for authority and an extreme level of arrogance.

He should be hit with a substantial punishment but no doubt Manly will help protect him, a'la Stewart.
Stewart actually did nothing wrong other than be successful and live in a building with a disabled girl and a diabolical excuse for a father
What did Burgess get for his wang showing up all over the world on social media? Embarrased no penalty but brought the game into disrepute
I would rather be spat on than domestically abused but hey,same punishment as the domestic abuser
Have you not been with someone less attractive while drunk? Its a quiet substantial mitigating factor,which is why your not allowed to drive drunk
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gets tiring reading the same shit everytime we play the scum.

Focus on this weeks game lads. Off field stuff is a bore.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

This should be the Friday night game. Looking forward to it, though.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cherry Poopin's go dribble your poop somewhere else...you guys weren't good enough last year and you aren't good enough this year....even if you beat us this week you are still not going to win the comp and lucky for you Taufua is out...he choked big time last year and I remember you talking him up before the game...then I remember not hearing from you for months while you sat in your room and cried yourself to sleep.