Rnd 22: Storm Vs Souths - Aami Park Friday 9th August.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

late mail

1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
23 Justin O’Neill
5 Mahe Fonua
6 Brett Finch
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange
14 Jason Ryles
15 Tohu Harris
16 Jordan McLean
17 Kenneath Bromwich
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please Craig, put Chambers on the left edge. Please. :(
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah o'neill & fonua defending together is gunna be scary to watch..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I might have read a quick glance wrong, but I expect Juzzy and Sisa to to a pairing. Good news.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez, some horsesh*t decisions going Souths way... We lead 14 - 6 at the halftime break.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Finch & Fonua doing their best dumb & dumber impression, everyone else is playing well, unfortunately its a team game, up by 8 at halftime, lets go on with it lads!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua was unlucky with the dropped ball call at the end of the half. He was on his feet for a long time and had Souths hands all over his arms as he tried to play it. Penalty.
staticash
Squall
Squall

One of the most bullshit matches I have ever seen in my life. Both refs, touchies and vid refs need the f'ing sack. Great win by the boys thou to get the points over the rabbitohs and all the officials.
S.W.A.S
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great tough win, i echo your sentiments, refs and commentary team had their red and green glasses on and we were still way too good, gus flogging off over souths being the better team made me sick to my stomach!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't get how they still had the ball to score their first try. Goodwin was clearly out and its BS he was allowed to play the ball and its BS no one in the commentary box brought it up.

Eh game. I don't take much from it. Credit to Souths for hanging in there and being able to get on top of us. We just had the class when we needed it. Sisa Waqa is deadset the winger of the year. I love him.

A few stand outs but I gotta give Kenny B some love, he was good in limited minutes tonight so hopefully he has earned some more game time.

Lets go get ourselves a top 2 spot and a home semi final.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry if i got people excited over kennar, didn't see him at first then lost reception before i could retract it. Good win, let's keep it going now!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good tough game by our boys.

Appalling performance by the refs.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will someone teach Fonua how to hold a lima lima lima duck ball!?

Aside from that, what a top win. When they scored that second try you could sense they've turned a corner. Just need to keep it up. Souffs fans likely to complain "no Ingliss" but with the service the forwards gave tonight he would have been rendered ineffective.

Watching Sam Burgess tonight was better than a night at a comedy club. Cam and Will both got in his head and he folded like an accordion. I was surprised he didn't get sinbinned at some point.

And if I hear one more Sydney centric mongoloid whinge about Billy's bomb defusing taking techniqueafter Burgess levelled him tonight, not to mention Fifita and Hoffman in Origin 3, I will go postal!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Burgess reportedly in hot water for an alleged squirrel grip on Chambers in the 67th minute. Was wondering why Will was hurt.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Burgess reportedly in hot water for an alleged squirrel grip on Chambers in the 67th minute. Was wondering why Will was hurt.
What a grub!! Just watched the replay and you can see him reach for his jax-crackers. Video's not conclusive i dont think without Wills testimony, and I doubt he'd provide any post-match.

What a top game Chambers had tonight!!