Rnd 22: Storm Vs Souths - Aami Park Friday 9th August.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

what burgess?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Akin to eye gouging. Scum.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa, Oniel and Chambers proved why they are selected week in, week out - simply brilliant stuff by them

Mahe showed why he was dropped for a few games. Poor milking and discipline by the young lad tonight. However, expect to see the same line up announced on tuesday again
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mahe wasn't the only guilty party tonight, nobodies mentioned Proctor twice getting up without the ball (his own fault) and Smith not kicking it out. I say full credit to the Storm for winning, they made it hard for themselves and had to defend well (which they did)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How long did Kenny get??? I must admit I never saw him out there...I now feel bad
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Burgess reportedly in hot water for an alleged squirrel grip on Chambers in the 67th minute. Was wondering why Will was hurt.
What a grub!! Just watched the replay and you can see him reach for his jax-crackers. Video's not conclusive i dont think without Wills testimony, and I doubt he'd provide any post-match.

What a top game Chambers had tonight!!
Screenshot courtesy of Storm Active Supporters
Channel 9 might have some raw footage not broadcasted. Hope he gets rubbed out.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Sydneycentric media are reporting that Storm only won against Souths because Souths were decimated by injury.

No mention that Widdop hasn't played for 6 weeks. ::)

No mention that an in form Blair wasn't playing for us. ::)

No mention that Storm were one of the hardest hit over Origin and that the Big 3 are still recovering from the workload. ::)

No mention that the fixturing of Storm with away games over the last 6 weeks has been the hardest of any team. ::)

I don't know why last night's game was actually even played seeing as the NRL and media already have Souths name on the J J Giltinan and Provan/Summons. ::)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree with everything you have just said. If I hear one more time that there was plenty of positives for the Rabbits and the score was not a true story of the game I will scream. Yes, the Rabbits did play really good football for the first 15-20 minutes of the second half, but they did not score. If you do not score it does not matter how good you play, you do not win. A couple of weeks ago there were some positive signs for Storm against the Warriors. There was nothing in the media about the good signs Storm would take out of the match, it was another loss and Storm were having an origin hangover and we would not make to the grand final.

The Rabbits do have a tough draw, but all the teams they have to play are the teams they have to beat in the finals to win the comp. Again I say to win you have to score, nobody is going to give it to you because you played well. Although the Sydney media might
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed lads. It shits me to tears reading the crap to come out of the Sydney media. Anyone would think Souths won last night they way they're carrying on. The 9 commentators (especially Gus) were every bit as bad fawning over all things Souths. While i don't mind at all that they're pretty much writing us off for back to back, at the same time the blatant bias they show for Sydney teams gives me the shits.

You're spot on Glenn, even though they had a decent second half we still outscored them 14-2! Sure the Rabbits have improvement in them but we have plenty ourselves.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we can 'fly under the radar' with most media, and hopefully opposition teams, underestimating us then that's just better for us.
Remember when we were permanently welded to top spot, with a huge target on our back, and everyone wanted to play their season's-best game to beat us. Leaving us battered and bruised for the finals.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd have to take the side of the media....if g.i. played, I reckon we would've been smashed! So many times they had backs make easy metres...if joe was there, he'd have dominated - and I'm sure no one here thinks we actually played well....the scoreline was flattering (that said, the rabbitohs, burgi brood especially, have become dirty, niggling, whinging players...a quality I hate seeing...i thought kingy did well though, get him back in purple!)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's not like we were great last night either, and we still had control for most of the game, we looked as calm as we always do, even with so many bs errors. Our defence didn't turn to shit and give them points when we were under pressure. Their fans and the media can say whatever they like about the game. We don't fear anybody, we've handled GI better than any other team in the comp since we let him go. Their forwards only showed up once we did all the dirty work in the first 20 minutes again. For all the good they did they still only scored 1 single try off a kick. Good for you Souths for playing with heart without your best player. We still take home the 2 points with a smile on our faces.

Souths and the Roosters can be the media darlings. Storm and even Manly know what to do at the business end of the season to get the job done.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly. Souths apparently were very good and still got beaten comfortably. We weren't near our best yet still won the game easily enough without getting out of first gear. Of course they missed Inglis and Sutton but injuries are part of footy and every team has them but you just have to make do with what you have, just like we have to during the origin period....

I also hardly think we'd have been smashed had GI played, as blazza alluded to we contain him better than any other side given the coach and players know his strengths/weaknesses so well and he's never had a great deal of impact against us. Given we're several weeks out from the finals i'm very comfortable with how the team is progressing and think we'll be cherry ripe and peaking come week 1 at the business end.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You can only play the team on the park. Yes, if GI played it would have been and different game, but we do not know what would have happened. On MMM this morning Sterlo was saying if an incorrect penalty was not given against Burgess on Slater, we would not have scored the try straight after and it would have been a different ball game. You can say that about every play/dropped ball/penalty in every game. If Sisa scores after kicking it down field or Finch does not drop the ball on the kick return or if Rabbits did not take the 2 points and tried to score all would have made it a different game. If GI and Sutton played, Storm might have raised bar and played better, we will not know. If, buts and maybes do not win games. The Rabbits and the media can look for the all positives they like, but the fact is Storm won.

Bring on the Knights.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We've beaten Souths in Sydney (with both Inglis & and Sutton playing) and in Melbourne (no doubt Souths hectic travel schedule also impacted). Let those north of the border think what they like.