Round 21 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think it's the best we've played by a long shot. Canberra we're going with us at the start of the game, and we still looked a bit flat. Canberra dead set gave up as well. I don't remember who the winger was - but he stopped chasing on a number of occasions when we made a break away. Most noticeably when Chambers took that intercept.

It's kind of sad watching Billy at the moment. He's still playing great football, as he did in Origin III - but he's got no pace to speak of. These half breaks he's been making... any other season Bill would have ran the length. At the moment he struggles to get 30 metres! I haven't heard anyone really mention what the extent of his knee injury is, but if he's losing his zip I hope he does consider a switch to the halves.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wouldn't go as far as saying he didn't miss a beat in defence....there were moments of terror inducing ineptness shown by mahe - but, he did play superb as far as carries, right place when he needed to be (that try off the cronk kick, forget the rest, that was my favourite - played it to perfection, they all did what they were meant to and it came off great) and of course his multiple showings of strength...and that bat back was way, way, way more impressive than G.I.'s one for australia.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't forget Canberra only had 40% of the ball so they didn't have many opportunities to target him. He did look shaky early and let Milford go right through him, he made a good recovery to stop Earl from scoring though.

As I've said, when the ball goes near him I get concerned about his little mistakes he makes. Hopefully yesterday gives him plenty of confidence. Having Chambers inside him should only help things too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wighton was the one who gave up on the chambers chase, though he chased further than anybody else did
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Can't forget Canberra only had 40% of the ball so they didn't have many opportunities to target him.
Very true, had Canberra had more opportunity, I am sure they would have sent more bombs his way. Credit where it is due though, with the exception of one knock on, he was great in the air for a change. Especially considering the Canberra did have numbers to compete on three occassions.
blazza18 wrote:He did look shaky early and let Milford go right through him
I wouldn't entirely blame Fonua for that one. Blair left him posted... Had Fonua jammed in, Milford passes to an unmarked winger. Instead he backed off but Blair was nowhere near quick enough to come back across in cover.
blazza18 wrote:he made a good recovery to stop Earl from scoring though.
That was a great effort. I thought Earl was in for sure.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dont know if its been mentioned but that was a terrifc effort by Chambers on the left, used a left arm carry he didnt have the last time he was over that side so his skill level has really increased.